Chances of VZW taking my Bionic for a Nexus?

bitter

Reaction score
So basically, I'm sick of tired of the data drops that have occurred since the day I got this phone (release date). I was patiently waiting for them to update the software, which they did, but I am still having the same exact issue just like everyone else. I bring the phone to a VZW store the other day and explain my problem, and the rep clearly states "We know data drop is an issue with this phone, I'd be happy to replace it with another Bionic". Umm, what did you just say? You know it's a problem with the software/phone, but you'll replace it with the same exact thing?

I am contemplating calling the 1-800 number and seeing if I can get anywhere there. I am not eligible for upgrade until April 2012, but verizonwireless.com is offering me the phone for $259. I do not want to spend money to replace a phone that never worked correctly in the first place. I also saw a thread on here when they were offering the Rezound in it's place, but has anyone tried to get the Nexus as a replacement? Any advice whatsoever?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know of someone that has had three Bionics get a Rezound sent to him today, he asked and pleaded for a GNex but that was a no-go.
FYI, the Nexus has data drops also.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
The GNex has that issue as well? Jeezum crow. The problem is that I do not want to go through their standard process of replacing it 3 different times and then eventually giving me a different phone. Verizon KNOWS it's a problem, that's my biggest gripe about this whole thing.

Maybe if I threaten to cancel my account? hahah

Last edited:

projektorboy

Reaction score
It's really simple as to why Verizon 4G phones are having issues. They're pretty much doing all they can to cram a GSM network and a CDMA network together in a single device. Since LTE is so new and Verizon's CDMA network has been their lifeblood for so long, the way that their devices switch back and forth is still a big issue. The entire method for 4G on Verizon is held together with duct tape and popsicle sticks. Remember that the LTE network is only a little more than a year old, so we're all pretty much hamsters for them by getting 4G phones.

Back on 3G phones they were reliable as hell because that's what Verizon's network engineers knew best. They had everything implemented very well. Now we're in the middle of a transition and all of these devices that we have to deal with are these nutty hybrids that have a lot of compromises. Being patient and waiting this out is all you can do.

Tonik

Reaction score
The problem is that I do not want to go through their standard process of replacing it 3 different times and then eventually giving me a different phone.

It is more a matter of the GNex is too new I think. People that tired to get a Razr when it first came out were told no. Now folks are getting a Razr for their Bionic...at least according to a few posts I have seen. I think it gets easier after they get a stock of refurb'd phones they can send out. Me, I am sticking where I am. This is a great phone, they have made good progress and the next update will make it rock I believe. At that point I think it will run better than the GNEX as the GNEX still needs some work. We will be ahead of them for awhile.