Chances of getting Droid 2?

Cetan

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Droid and a 2yr contract with Verizon around February/March, and now I'm seeing adverts for the good ol' Droid 2.

My question is, what are the likely chances I can upgrade to the droid 2 without shelling out the ridiculous $600 price-tag? And if there's a way to negotiate a cheaper price, anyone have any suggestions?

justin090435

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Droid and a 2yr contract with Verizon around February/March, and now I'm seeing adverts for the good ol' Droid 2.

My question is, what are the likely chances I can upgrade to the droid 2 without shelling out the ridiculous $600 price-tag? And if there's a way to negotiate a cheaper price, anyone have any suggestions?
vzw upgraded me for freedancedroid to the droid 2 under warrantydancedroid. maybe you will get lucky. something has to be legitimately wrong with your phone though

OP
C

Cetan

Reaction score

vzw upgraded me for freedancedroid to the droid 2 under warrantydancedroid. maybe you will get lucky. something has to be legitimately wrong with your phone though

I have had a problem with the keyboard (basically, the entire thing is bubbled, and I can push down on it a good distance before it even presses the actual key), would this be covered enough for a replacement? It is really annoying to deal with the two clicks I'm getting basically.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had a problem with the keyboard (basically, the entire thing is bubbled, and I can push down on it a good distance before it even presses the actual key), would this be covered enough for a replacement? It is really annoying to deal with the two clicks I'm getting basically.

You would have to go to VZW and let them be the deciding factor, there is a fine line here while trying to find something wrong with your device in hopes to get upgraded to the Droid 2...if the problem is legit, they should have no issue honoring the warranty, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to give you a Droid 2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't you try calling Verizon and ask them what they can do for you? You don't need to make up a story or break your current Droid. Ask them if they have a deal for you. It may not be the 199.00, and it really shouldn't be but you might get an extended contract for only 1 year and Droid 2 for 300.00

justin090435

Reaction score

You would have to go to VZW and let them be the deciding factor, there is a fine line here while trying to find something wrong with your device in hopes to get upgraded to the Droid 2...if the problem is legit, they should have no issue honoring the warranty, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to give you a Droid 2

i agree, i was on my 3rd reburb before they upgraded me, and they told me i was getting another d1 refurb, i got a letter stating that due toa shortage of droid 1 drvices, they upgraded me to the d2. as far as your keyboard is concerned, from what i understand and the research i have done, the "bubbled" keyboard is one version of the d1 that was released. alot of people have it, although it is a small percentage of droid 1 owners that do.

Nibbz

Reaction score
mine are bubbled, and I think its better than the flat keys, and it was a design implementation so I doubt they'd offer you an upgrade or even a refurb for it

OP
C

Cetan

Reaction score

i agree, i was on my 3rd reburb before they upgraded me, and they told me i was getting another d1 refurb, i got a letter stating that due toa shortage of droid 1 drvices, they upgraded me to the d2. as far as your keyboard is concerned, from what i understand and the research i have done, the "bubbled" keyboard is one version of the d1 that was released. alot of people have it, although it is a small percentage of droid 1 owners that do.

Yeah, I had read up on the issue, and I believe I have one of the newer models. They keyboard was definitely flat, and never bubbled like it did now. It feels like it's come unglued or unbonded or something.

I'll give em a call this morning and see what they have to say. Wouldn't like to have to shell out a whole lot for one, but...