Chance of discount on release day? (Verizon)

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I've never been eligible for upgrade when previous notes came out, but I read that at least the 3, on Verizon, was ridiculously cheap on release day. Does anyone think there's any chance of this happening again? If it's too expensive I'll probably just go with a G3 or even the Note 3.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It depends on what your version of "cheap" is. I've been with Verizon a long time and have never known a high-end Verizon device to be "ridiculously cheap" on release day. The standard price (on contact) is usually $199-250. (which isn't bad imo for a high end device)
With the Note 4, I'm thinking the latter.

tap'n on my S5

OP
V

VooDooCC

Reaction score
I was meaning under $150. I thought I read somewhere that that the first day the note 3 was available it was only $99, then jumped up the next day.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was meaning under $150. I thought I read somewhere that that the first day the note 3 was available it was only $99, then jumped up the next day.
Right after its release Verizon had a special knock $100 off of any smartphone deal for a few days but not the Note3 being cheaper specifically.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

jfriend33

Reaction score
I've never been eligible for upgrade when previous notes came out, but I read that at least the 3, on Verizon, was ridiculously cheap on release day. Does anyone think there's any chance of this happening again? If it's too expensive I'll probably just go with a G3 or even the Note 3.
Don't get the note 3. You can get 190 off as late as october 21 if you preorder. ..

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

soulpatch

Reaction score
yeah preorder through best buy and get $200 gift card or process throught he Samsung refund program. Figure they phone would be 299 on contract and you get 200 back in either of those programs and you are at 100 bucks. Then add int he discounts of a 100 credit for a new smartphone verizon is giving right now and your phone is technically free....

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It'll be interesting to see how the carrier's rebate these upcoming high end devices....IF they do. (Being that every major carrier released both new iPhones for free "on contract"....after said rebates)

tap'n on my S5

soulpatch

Reaction score
Except that the iPhone is only released once a year and Apple could not have the stock sitting around like with the iPhone 5 launch so they are paying for the rebate and notthe carrier.

That is why Samsung pulled out the 200 preorder special for the note 4. Witht he churn rate and options with the android devices I do nto think there is as much incentive for carriers to discount the new device but instead the older versions. Unlike Apple where they have a limited chance to grab you with the latest and greatest there is always the next big android coming out from one manufactorer or another so they are less incented give them away.

Reactions: cr6