Chainfire Releases Live Boot, Turning Your BootAnimation Into A Log Center

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well known developer Chainfire, known for apps like SuperSU, triangle away, and mobile odin, has released yet another super useful root app. Live Boot for root users turns your Boot Animation into a Live Log Center. Not only does this add to the appearance of your Bootanimation it also adds a bit of functionality. Live Boot adds your choice of a log cat or dmesg logging. This can be useful especially when your device bootloops as it will give you a live log of what is going on to keep your phone from booting. Head to the link below for the download.

Via Play Store

Reactions: CJM

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nice...but that would get old quick. Think it may be better suited for devs (ie rom developers) vs the avg root user. Unless, as dmx stated, you are having bootloops or random reboots and you are trying to track the cause. But again if you do not know what you are looking at then it is just a long list of words scrolling really fast down the page.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
+1 ^ there. Still another nice addition if he would consider it, is to add a "slow boot" option that would allow you to actually "see" the text scrolling by, and even a "pause" function perhaps by pressing the volume down, which would allow you to truly gain a better understanding of what is happening along the way.

The OS is dauntingly powerful and mysterious. I am not a Developer or programmer so I, like many I am sure, just marvel at the complexity and simplicity of the computer devices, and would love to know more about just how they do what they do.