[CES] Dazzboard - "iTunes" for Android

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey guys, again CES hit us with very good news for all android lovers!
Dazzboard presented their software named "Dazzboard",
being a software to synch with android phones, providing iTunes integration and app-management like iTunes,for iProducts, as well as far more to come.

One cool feature is your data, being available all over the world, just needing an internet connection on a pc.The data will be stored in a "user space" on the publishers servers, providing everything needed at all time. How much space there will be and how much it will cost, is unknown yet.

For windows user, a beta version is available through the website, mac users will have to wait a little longer, but the application is announced to arrive soon.
Also very interesting is Dazzboards interaction with Google, AOL, Yahoo! and MySpace accounts as well as media interaction with Facebook Flickr and Youtube.

Tigger

Anomander

Reaction score
Syncing up with it right now. 337 files to sync, should be interesting to see what this does.

Anomander

Reaction score
I ran into a problem. I got it installed and it synced to my droid, but then it needs to prepare your computer. Everytime it starts that it crashes both my Firefox and IE. I did do a repair of the install and same thing. Will work more into figuring out why it keeps crashing the way it does. Still need to check my Droid and see if it put anything on there, but if there were 337 files to sync I imagine something is there.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a mac user really interested in this app! How fast is the syncing? With sailing media syncing is horribly slow and you have to pay 20$ for the full version. If this is a lot faster and is free I'm dumping sailing sync.

Anomander

Reaction score
I do not see anything on my Droid for Dazzboard. Everytime I go to dazzboard.com to get thing going it still crashes. I check the event viewer under admin tools on XP and it looks like one of the linkotec.dll files is giving me problems. I might have to wait until they do an update, or see if I can delete that .dll file and maybe reinstall again. I am bummed since I was looking forward to checking this app at. I hope someone else has better luck with it then I did.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I ried it myself and got it working. But dont see no apps.
Just see pix and music.

You have to set your droid usb to "Motorola Phone tools"
How do you do that?

Plug your phoine in via usb,
then usb notification comes up in the barm
pull it down, hit it and then select "MOtorola Phone tools"

Tigger

Anomander

Reaction score
I ried it myself and got it working. But dont see no apps.
Just see pix and music.

You have to set your droid usb to "Motorola Phone tools"
How do you do that?

Plug your phoine in via usb,
then usb notification comes up in the barm
pull it down, hit it and then select "MOtorola Phone tools"

Tigger
No option for me on that. I believe that Dazzboard is not completely installed. It synced my Droid, but every time it goes to prepare my computer, it just shuts down my browser (both firefox and IE). I think until the computer gets setup I am not going to be able to use the program. I have no idea why it keeps crashing my browsers during the install. It synced just fine to my Droid.

I am going to disable Avast when I install and see if it goes then. Though ever since I upgraded to the latest flash version my browser has just run kind of funny.