Certified Pre Owned... Back piece sticking out?

dscan

Reaction score
So I finally received my Certified Pre Owned today (Reg Razr)... Looks brand new! Except one thing... Between where the Sim Card/SD Card goes and the back plate... it sticks up a little bid. Do you think this is an issue enough to call Verizon and ask them to replace it? Im getting kinda scared that it may be pushing against the Bezel/Screen and could cause more issues...

Will I be out of a phone for a few days... or will they send me the new one before I ship the old one back?

Also, is this a common issue? or should it be completely flush?

Thanks!

EDIT: Its very similar to this http://www.motorazrcracked.com/wp-content/gallery/refurb/crack2.gif but with no cracks...

Last edited:

jaybogg

Reaction score
Very, odd. If it is as bad as the photo, I would want it replaced. I checked my phone, and it too, has a very small bulge in the same area, barely perceivable, until you look for it, but definitely there. I have only had my opened my card door twice, the day I bought it and once to put in a larger sd card. First impression is this may be an "Achilles Heel" in the case design. Thanks for pointing it out, I will definitely be keeping a close eye on it.

If your phone is that bad (sans crack), your phone is not a "Certified Like New" phone in my opinion. I have never (knock on wood) had to get a replacement, so I cannot speak to those questions you have.

Last edited:

GPYoung

Reaction score
My phone is COMPLETELY flush in that area. All others as well. I would not want that at all.

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would return it and make them send you another FLNR, I went through five of them one time when I used BB's. I would not settle for one that is not how you would like it.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
The whole like new program needs a kick in the pants. I loved my first Droid X before it died after some serious use. I went through refurb hell after that. My first phone lasted 8 months with no problems. I went through 3 or 4 replacements before they let me have an early upgrade to the Razr (I got to keep the refurbed X and fixed it up). I don't think they do much more than a Factory reset, and say yep it has booted up - good to go!

OP
dscan

dscan

Reaction score
Looks like I will be giving Verizon a call then. What a shame, im scared my next one wont get as much battery life... first day on ICS without calibration (Didn't have time.) and I am at 12 hours with medium usage and at 67% battery life. Far better than all troubles I have heard about...

GPYoung

Reaction score
When you get the new replacement, start out with a fresh FDR. There are some that recommend doing it twice before beginning to reload or restore your apps and such....

Thanks,
Geoff