Certified Like New Replacement Loop

borge12

Reaction score
I just received my fourth phone in the mail. The latest phone's screen is not attached well to the keyboard, resulting in it rocking back and forth each time the screen is touched.

I am getting really frustrated with this back and forth between myself and Verizon. I just want a phone that works.

My question is what has been your experience been with the CLNRs? Has anyone had a worthwhile CLNR or is there some alternate route I can pursue that doesn't involve me shelling out cash?

bayank

Reaction score
Clnr sucks

I'm on my 4th one right now too! the last time i called was cuz the wifi stopped working and the headphone jack was messed up. i complained about the quality of all these "certified like new replacement" phones, and got the csr to get supervisor approval for a new droid...then she realized there are no more new droids, and i could choose a CLNR droid 2 if i wanted. Chose to take my chances again with a CLNR droid 1 cuz the moto blur sucks on the droid 2, and BBeast is awesome on droid 1. It's been okay so far, the only complaint right now is that the slider screen is kinda loose, but not terribly bad. im just gonna keep trading these out every 90 days till my 2 yrs is up, since thats the warranty they come with, and that's about as long as verizon/moto expect them to last apparently. I paid the full amount in the store on launch week ($300 then $100 rebate, on a friken visa card mind you), and i better get my money's worth for at least the length of my contract...i think is pretty gay how they make the contracts 2 years, but the warranty is only 1. but verizon's not the only one, this is a problem with the wireless industry in the US at least and a whole 'nother can 'o worms.

should I go with the droid 2 next time? aside from the memory/cpu and motoblur, is the quality better?

OP
B

borge12

Reaction score
It's funny. I haven't been offered anything but CLNR D1s and have been told I cannot get anything but CLNR D1s. I think I'd accept one though, as it can't be any worse. I REALLY just want a new D1 :(

djspy

Reaction score
I thought that after the 3rd defective refurb you could have the option to say F this phone give X phone?? That's how I got my LG Dare. After the 3rd defective RAZR 2. They only charged me sales tax.

Xtreme_Droid

Reaction score
Yeah with Verizon if you replace a phone 3 times within like 120 days and you complain about it they will give you an option to upgrade to a new phone...You may have to pay a price of like 50 dollars if the phone is a more expensive phone but it could be worth it.