Certified Like New Replacement Hell

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kelchm, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks

ricks Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Just got my second certified like crap replacement and this one has bad hinges. It grinds when you open and close it and it sticks. The first one was bent. They are sending me another one tomorrow. They offered me a Droid 2 and I declined it. I dont think I like the color.

2. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I found Verizon to be very nice to work with. They just sent me out a brand new D2. I just took out the 8 meg sd card that came with it and put my 16 meg card from my D1 in.

3. CorkYRogers

CorkYRogers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm actually on my 2nd refurb...I take that back, just got my 3rd one today and I didn't even take out my old battery from my old phone when I realized the power/unlock button is recessed in. Which was the reason I had my original D1 replaced back in June. I understand refurbs have worked fine for countless others but this was the last straw. Going to call and I guess ***** about it. Which is something I rarely do but this has gotten to a point where I'm thinking about switching providers.

This last refurb was actually working great until a weak ago where the phone would run really hot after not even a minute of being used and the battery would drain from 100% to 40% in a matter of about 15 minutes.

4. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always preached the gospel of CLNR's being better than new, due to the additional going over etc. that they get- til today.

Called 611 yesterday (thanks Hook) about my phone buying the farm. !0 min later, a CLNR was on it's way.

Tonight, I get the phone out of the box, and immediately I'm let down. Obviously used. Tons of play in the slider. Activated the phone, and when it Droooiiided that my email synced, I realized the speaker was blown.

Called 611, several resets later, and another D1 is on it's way. Hopefully, Friday my faith in CLNR's will be restored.

BTW, both times I asked about people getting D2's or X's, since I've seen quite a few threads on it. Both times, i was told basically the same thing- there is no refurb D1 shortage.

5. ashenfang

ashenfang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The bad CLNR's aren't just droid 1's. After 6 replacements between my phone and my wife's. They sent two Droid 2's CLNR's. Everything seemed to be finally working okay until my wife called me from one of our other lines and said her phone is locked up. She does a battery pull. Everything is okay until someone calls, then the phone locks up or buttons won't respond. So guess what.....having to call verizon - again.

I with the rep that there are no droid 1 refurb shortages, but what they won't tell you is most of them are junk. They are returns for other problems. That bad part is, when you send the junk one's back, they eventually find their way back to the pool. The other hard part is many of the problems people are having (aside from loose screens and blown speakers) deal with issues that may not occur all the time - like screen lock up's, battery drain issues, ect.

6. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0

Aren't you supposed to send the 16gb card back? They will allow you to keep it?
    That was a concern i had. to go from a 16 to an 8 would suck.

7. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    When you return your old phone they tell you to keep the sd card, battery and the battery cover.

8. ashenfang

ashenfang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got off the phone with verizon tech support. Told her about the issues with the droid 2 replacement phone. Told her I did two factory resets and my wife still has issues with it locking up. She said they are sending another one. I'll tell ya, the people that work at fedex are gonna know us by name as many times as we have had to return phones LOL.

9. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    let this be a lesson to those trying to get a D2, your imaginary problem is not so bad after you hear these stories...

10. ashenfang

ashenfang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We didn't ask for droid 2's, they just offered to send different phones since we went through so many. Now I am wondering if their D2 stock isn't that much better :(

11. ilovechi23

ilovechi23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I'm on my sec. D1 clnr .... my 1st orig. Had keyboard and touchscreen was acting up... got the first cnlr today and camera button was jammed so the camera app kept coming on... so now I'm waiting on that replacement for that... not looking for a d2 I just want a phone as good as my original used. To be

12. Akbad Tokimano

Ratings:
    +0
    Remember, you can always contact a manufactorer yourself and pay for the shipping then wait forever. I know what you're saying but verizon does this as a courtesy. they don't have to replace your phone. I'm not kidding.

Sent from an actual genius on a Motorola Droid while laughing at your iPhone 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a like unit or one of comparable quality to droid razr maxx
are pre certified phones good
certified like new replacement

clnr phone

clnr verizon
does certified like new mean
how many times does verizon have to give you a certified lik
problems with certified like new phones
what is a clnr phone