Certain Google Calendars not showing up on Droid

M

Matth3w

I subscribed to the following calendars:

1) My standard email calendar
2) US Holidays
3) Contacts' Birthdays
4) Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Schedule

Only 1-3 show up on the phone as being able to be added. #4 shows up on my Google Calendar but not on my phone.

Why?

And is there a way to email technical support from Google to find out?

Sodner

Reaction score
Hello! I am a penguin fan and a droid owner as well. I too have 4 calendars and all 4 do show up on my Droid. So the good news is it will work. Bad news is I'm not exactly sure why yours is not working. I believe all 4 of mine poped up right from the beginning. Just double check your calendar settings and do a sync.

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Sports calendars do not sync with any service other than the online calendar. There is a workaround where you use the Yahoo sports calendar and attach it to your Google calendar.

It's funky how they've managed to do this, but it works.

OP
M

Matth3w

Hello! I am a penguin fan and a droid owner as well. I too have 4 calendars and all 4 do show up on my Droid. So the good news is it will work. Bad news is I'm not exactly sure why yours is not working. I believe all 4 of mine poped up right from the beginning. Just double check your calendar settings and do a sync.

Google Sports calendars do not sync with any service other than the online calendar. There is a workaround where you use the Yahoo sports calendar and attach it to your Google calendar.

Sodner, did you do it like 640k described?

Can you elaborate on your answer 640?

Sodner

Reaction score
Honestly I did nothing special at all. Other than my standard e-mail calendar, the Penguins calendar was the first one I added way before I even had my Droid. Once I got my droid I then added US holidays and like you a Friends & Family birthday calendar and all 4 show up.

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sodner, did you do it like 640k described?

Can you elaborate on your answer 640?
Just created a new thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...her-external-calendars-google.html#post142162

OP
M

Matth3w

Honestly I did nothing special at all. Other than my standard e-mail calendar, the Penguins calendar was the first one I added way before I even had my Droid. Once I got my droid I then added US holidays and like you a Friends & Family birthday calendar and all 4 show up.

Dammit, wtf. Maybe I should try to delete that calendar and then add it again. Does it show up under the My calendars option in the Droid's calendar?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sodner, I'm not sure what's special about the Penguins calendar, but I subscribed to four different team calendars and none of them showed up. All of my subscriptions are from Yahoo Sports.

Sodner

Reaction score
Yes it does. As a just checked I have 7 calendars and "Pittsburgh Penguins 2009-10 Regular Season" is third from the bottom. First being my standard gmail one, second from the bottom is US Holidays.

Sodner

Reaction score
NOW I REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I added the Pittsburgh Penguins schedule to my gmail account via a link / instructions from the Penguins web site NOT from within the gmail GUI. Goto the Penguins site and click Schedule then Downloads then Add to Google Calendar and use Infuzer. Bet you that gets it done!

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. As a just checked I have 7 calendars and "Pittsburgh Penguins 2009-10 Regular Season" is third from the bottom. First being my standard gmail one, second from the bottom is US Holidays.
i just checked "interesting calendars" in google calendar and added the penguins season. the calendar does not appear the way that you describe it and it does not sync with my device.

you must have gotten that calendar from somewhere else.

go to your online google calendar and then to settings and then calenars. click on your sports calendar to bring up its individual settings and tell me what the url is for "location".

Silver Member
Reaction score
NOW I REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I added the Pittsburgh Penguins schedule to my gmail account via a link / instructions from the Penguins web site NOT from within the gmail GUI. Goto the Penguins site and click Schedule then Downloads then Add to Google Calendar and use Infuzer. Bet you that gets it done!
ah. see, i knew it. ;)

OP
M

Matth3w

:icon_ banana:

OP
M

Matth3w

Now if I could just get the Pure Calendar to update...maybe it won't include the Penguins events?

OP
M

Matth3w

I got it...forgot to re-check that calendar in the Pure Calendar options.

Holy **** I love this forum.