1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cell standby and phone idle killn batt.

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by blwn327, Sep 12, 2011.

1. blwn327

blwn327 New Member

By my battery stats these 2 are draining my battery the most? Cell standby drained 36% in almost a 2 hour period. In those 2 hours battery is @ 70% from 100%, I facebooked for a few and poker for a few. I'm hoping it gets better.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. geekabilly

geekabilly New Member

that's not right -- I pulled mine out of the car dock fully charged last night @ 6pm and this morning @ 4 it's still @ 90% -- granted, I didn't use it at all, but it was on WiFi the whole time --
  3. blwn327

blwn327 New Member

Im testing it right now and looks like it was the going in and out of 3 and 4g. Think I'm set now
  4. Zorz

Zorz New Member

Which tool are you using to determine switching between 3G and 4G?
  5. blwn327

blwn327 New Member

Lte switch makes it easier to change between em
  6. lkevinl

lkevinl New Member

Cell Standby and Phone Idle are the highest consumers of battery on my phone... I assume Cell Standby means 4G standby. I wonder if I turn off 4G for a day that my battery life will improve dramatically.

Anyone up for the experiment?
  7. holjes

holjes New Member

I only turn on 4g when i need it with lte switch. 3g is more than fast enough for me to stream music from google music and grooveshark. With the lte switch, if you need anything faster it makes it easy enough to switch back. With only using 4g when i need it i usually get about 8-10 hours of moderate to heavy usage (web browsing, music streaming, games, other random stuff, a couple youtube vids on 4g).

--also i am usually around wifi networks anyways, so not that much of a need for always on 4g.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

I have a pretty good 4G signal at work (Boston) and a moderate 4G signal at home (western suburb). I have found it makes a huge difference on battery drain if the phone is on 4G, and especially if it's not a strong 4G signal - even when the phone is on standby. Like others have said, I switch my phone to 3G mode when I'm not doing data intensive stuff, and always when it's on standby. For me, it makes the difference between the battery lasting only 6-10 hours (depending on use) when on full time 4G, vs. 12-16 hours of moderate use if on 3G most of the time.

Also, although I used to use the "LTE Switch" app to make the 3G to 4G toggle easier/faster, I had mixed results with it. As others have also noted, it seemed that sometimes I would loose data connection altogether when switching and would have to toggle back and forth again to get it back. Every once in a while would have to reboot to get data back. After about 5 days I ended up uninstalling it. I guess I'll have to put up with a few extra clicks to go into the phone settings to make the switch.
Search tags for this page
cell standby and phone ideal killing battery

cell standby and phone idle

cell standby and phone idle draining battery

cell standby phone idle draining battery

difference between cell standby and phone idle

droid bionic current draw standby
how can i turn off phone idle and phone standby
phone idle and cell standby eating up battery on s3
razr m what is difference between phone idle and cell standb

what phone idle means