Cell Repeater for DroidX

volsportsfan

Reaction score
Looking to improve the dbm signal where I live. Already updated my prl's. Just wondering if anyone has cell phone repeater they can recommend for my DroidX. Don't want to spend over $200, just trying to gain 10 or 15 dbm. At my house I get anywhere from 80 to 87, would like to get this down to 70 to 75 dbm.

billay12

Reaction score
Try the Network Extender from Verizon. It works pretty well in my house. I got 105dBm at all times on all phones in my house before the Network Extender; now I'm getting 70-85dBm at all times. (6500sq.ft house). All you gotta do is hook it up to a high speed connection, and be able to put it near a window (GPS location for E911 services). It's that easy!

It's $199 before $100 mail in rebate. Just google it.

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
yeah we got one of those...they work like champ. and even with both people on the phone, i havent noticed any bandwidth issues

Technoman

Reaction score
Try the Network Extender from Verizon. It works pretty well in my house. I got 105dBm at all times on all phones in my house before the Network Extender; now I'm getting 70-85dBm at all times. (6500sq.ft house). All you gotta do is hook it up to a high speed connection, and be able to put it near a window (GPS location for E911 services). It's that easy!

You all do understand that this device only boosts cell coverage for voice. It does nothing to help 3g or EVDO network coverage.

billay12

Reaction score

You all do understand that this device only boosts cell coverage for voice. It does nothing to help 3g or EVDO network coverage.

Yes, I know that. I always have great 3G service. Usually 3-4 bars, but 1x I only got like 1 bar, sometimes none. Not even enough to make a phone call.

OP
V

volsportsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I definetly want a repeater or amplifier that will boost 3g and EVDO coverage. Any products in mind that would work with the X?

ctfd114

Reaction score
ISnt there any software out here to basically do the same thing with a wireless router at home? a couple years ago, i heard of tmobile being able to seamlessly transition over from regular service to your wifi network at home if you didnt have enough signal... is there any software for our droids for something like that?

wiz561

Reaction score
Just wondering if there's an update to this. Has anybody discovered any software that can do this?

Thanks!