Cell Phone Renewal Question

Hsunami

Reaction score
So i got my plan back in December and still rocking the slow OG1. I will need to renew my contract soon but i remember reading somewhere that verizon does not have the "unlimited" anymore. Because on my account still says "Unlimited" on it for bandwidth.

If i were to get the samsung nexus when it comes out and i "renew" my plan will that "unlimited" bandwidth change? or is it better for me to just buy the phone without a contract and keep my "unlimited".

Or does it not matter?

anhanymouse

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, as long as you keep a smartphone activated on that line, you are grandfathered in. You can upgrade to the nexus and keep the unlimited plan.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Doesn't matter, as long as you keep a smartphone activated on that line, you are grandfathered in. You can upgrade to the nexus and keep the unlimited plan.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

+1

You'll be fine, just make sure to mention you're unlimited data, doesn't hurt to make sure the rep gets it right:)

OP
H

Hsunami

Reaction score
so if i go in and say i would like to renew my contract and get the Samsung Nexus. I should be fine?

They won't go we need to change ur plan (insert reason) blah blah blah???

What if hypothetically i want to make it a family plan? Will they change my unlimited data.

Last thing i want to do is lose my unlimited...LOL which is nice....30 bucks for 2 or 4gbs LOL no thanks....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
so if i go in and say i would like to renew my contract and get the Samsung Nexus. I should be fine?

They won't go we need to change ur plan (insert reason) blah blah blah???

What if hypothetically i want to make it a family plan? Will they change my unlimited data.

Last thing i want to do is lose my unlimited...LOL which is nice....30 bucks for 2 or 4gbs LOL no thanks....

The data plan is tied to your line specifically. If you were to add your line to a family plan it would still have unlimited. If you go that route and then say break off the family plan, you would still have unlimited.

You'll be fine regardless of which smartphone you pick, your data plan will remain unlimited. Only way I think you can lose it is if you were to go to another carrier for a year and then come back, you wouldn't have that option anymore.

OP
H

Hsunami

Reaction score
Sweet thank you, i was very worried that i was going to lose my unlimited data. Thanks!