Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ehh.....Got to go someday........

OP
S
Reaction score
haha i hear you. not sure if its true or what but i guess use speaker more then not :)

Big Cam

Reaction score
ROTFL, exactly, evrything causes Cancer nowadays, plus I'd like to see the controlled study they did to determine this, it'd be damn near impossible.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid is worth it.

But not really. I'll start covering my head in tin foil for protection.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing more then some legislator in the State of Maine playing politics. I'll bet she always uses the speaker. Yeah, right.

Gimme a break, please.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"Boland herself uses a cell phone, but with a speaker to keep the phone away from her head."

She may as well implant it - she certainly won't harm her intelligence.

There was a study out last week that said there was no link to cancer at all. She is just attention hogging.

And holding it away from her head? Sorry but radio waves travel. If you use it in a car it bounces all over.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]She also leaves the phone off unless she's expecting a call

Umm... that's smart. Why HAVE a cell phone if you're worried?

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The warnings would recommend that users, especially children and pregnant women[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] keep the devices away from their head and body.

-- She took this from cigarette labels..

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]The Federal Communications Commission, which maintains that all cell phones sold in the U.S. are safe, has set a standard for the "specific absorption rate" of radiofrequency energy, but it doesn't require handset makers to divulge radiation levels.

--- Not true, they all test and divulge it.

[/FONT]

jrl9851

Reaction score
I downloaded the app "car mode." Turn it on and it keeps speakphone on all the time. That's all I use now. I never used speaker on any of my previous phone because they weren't loud enough, but the droid has a loud speaker. Just above 50% is loud enough for me.

OP
S
Reaction score
me too i think the speaker is awesome. i dont have a BT but might get that too.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
ROTFL, exactly, evrything causes Cancer nowadays, plus I'd like to see the controlled study they did to determine this, it'd be damn near impossible.
Not really. The Danes recently completed one of the largest studies and found that cell phone users were no more likely to develop cancer than non cell phone users. IIRC it was posted everywhere recently.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Both sides are wrong and the scientific community will readily admit this. As of right now it is inconclusive. Don't believe the articles that cite they do or they don't. Because the reality is it is very controversial and if you are constantly on the phone I recommend getting a bluetooth.

Citing one study as proof is laughable.

Droids

Reaction score
Oh this is so bogus, just last night I talked for over an hour on my cell phone an I memer expericensied aderadgation in brian fuhctions ot anything elser.

austinnadz

Reaction score
way to represent Maine, way to represent. Sometimes I hate my home state. (I'm currently in Virginia, but I was in Maine till I was 19) Little does she know that microwaves likely put off more radiation than cell phones, lets put warnings on those, and while we are at it, lets put warnings on cell phone towers that they put off high frequency emissions that can cause bodily harm, and then we can put warnings on tvs because those recieve and put off and receive infrared and radio frequencies and then we can put warnings on....

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think if it passes all the cell phone makers should pull out of the state. See how long the person who brought the bill stays in office.

way to represent Maine, way to represent. Sometimes I hate my home state. (I'm currently in Virginia, but I was in Maine till I was 19) Little does she know that microwaves likely put off more radiation than cell phones, lets put warnings on those, and while we are at it, lets put warnings on cell phone towers that they put off high frequency emissions that can cause bodily harm, and then we can put warnings on tvs because those recieve and put off and receive infrared and radio frequencies and then we can put warnings on....

Twoo

Reaction score
Not really. The Danes recently completed one of the largest studies and found that cell phone users were no more likely to develop cancer than non cell phone users. IIRC it was posted everywhere recently.

It'll be interesting to see the studies in 20-30 years when the current generation that was born in to cell phones grows up. I'm not swayed either way but it'll definitely be something I'd love to read one day.