[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
Sorry friends but I'm not sifting through 42 pages I'm going to assume this won't run on 4.0.4 so if I flash it will it downgrade me to 4.0.3 or do I have to flash back to 4.0.3 first then the rom...I liked 4.0.4 but the lack of features is killing me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

If you install this ROM, it will take you to 4.0.3. What features from 4.0.4 will you temporarily miss?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not saying anything bad about the Rom but I am getting terrible battery life. Wiped data and cache and all that good stuff too so it's not that. Had good battery life on previous versions of this Rom, anyone else experiencing this?

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Reaction score
Not saying anything bad about the Rom but I am getting terrible battery life. Wiped data and cache and all that good stuff too so it's not that. Had good battery life on previous versions of this Rom, anyone else experiencing this?

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

I've read some very good things about Franco's Kernel with regards to battery life. I've tried it and it did seem a little better. But really the only way I've found to conserve power is simply to not use the phone. Every screenie I've seen submitted when someone goes gaga over how great their battery life was with this kernel or that Kernel shows 6 or 8 hours of inactivity. For me that's simply unrealistic. I like to use my phone. I've never had great battery life in any handheld device I've ever owned and I've accepted that until new battery tech is released to the public I will always have to invest in extra batteries.

So if you're upset about your battery life when you buy a mini computer that can make phone calls, maybe just buy a regular phone and stick to the laptop. The fact is you are going to have bad battery life with ANY smart phone you ever buy depending on the amount of use it gets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was in another thread. Maybe this can help with the battery life issue also. Thanks to original poster for some good advice.

"Both Codename and Franco kernel have had wakelock issues in the past. How terrible are we talking? Use CPUSpy to see if the Deep Sleep state of your phone's CPU is being used. If it's not, check for updates of both the ROM and kernel, and if they're up to date, try switching one or the other until the problem goes away."

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've read some very good things about Franco's Kernel with regards to battery life. I've tried it and it did seem a little better. But really the only way I've found to conserve power is simply to not use the phone. Every screenie I've seen submitted when someone goes gaga over how great their battery life was with this kernel or that Kernel shows 6 or 8 hours of inactivity. For me that's simply unrealistic. I like to use my phone. I've never had great battery life in any handheld device I've ever owned and I've accepted that until new battery tech is released to the public I will always have to invest in extra batteries.

So if you're upset about your battery life when you buy a mini computer that can make phone calls, maybe just buy a regular phone and stick to the laptop. The fact is you are going to have bad battery life with ANY smart phone you ever buy depending on the amount of use it gets.

I truly appreciate the help and I fully understand I am not going to get a ton of battery life out of a smartphone but you must have misread where I said I had better battery life on previous versions of this rom and now with 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 my battery life has easily been cut in half. So really it has nothing to do with owning a feature phone or smartphone, I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this before I reflash again.

luv2golf

Reaction score

I have not noticed bad battery life. Do you have any apps running in the background? Maps has a habit of constantly running in the background. What I did was enable "kill app back button" in Dev options, opened maps then killed it. Maps no longer runs in my background.

martytoo

Reaction score

I also think the battery life isn't what it should be. Although no proof,I think AOKP has slightly better battery life.

More testing is needed.

As an aside I am wondering if anyone here has had experience with Juice Defender in an effort to increase battery life.

I just downloaded CPU Spy and found that my phone is going into deep sleep. Thanks for this idea!

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is some very interesting information with regard to the radios eating up battery power also. Check it out. And thanks to the original poster for this.

"The newest talks are about the illusive .10 revision floating around. Most people have i515.09 as their baseband. However, a lot of people who spoke to Verizon have learned the current baseband is i515.10. Right now people are trying to figure out if there was a firmware upgrade or new hardware. Only a few users have reported being on the new .10 baseband. If there truly has been new hardware released, we may be entitled to new phones. No one knows for sure what revision .10 encompasses. I will make mention that I have disabled 4G altogether and the phone is much better than it was before in regards to signal consistency and battery life. Almost back to my Droid quality, in regards to signal quality.

My experiments have shown me that the phone will chose 4G over 3G. That means if the phone has to chose between -120dBm of 4G or -92dBm of 3G, it will chose the 4G giving you poor reception and dropped calls and since the 4G is so low, the phone will eat up battery constantly searching for a better signal when the low signal 4G goes in and out of service. The 4.0.2 radios have poor handshaking abilities and causes a lull when transferring between 4G and 3G. Users within a low 4G service area will notice a higher % of the phone time spent in a no service state. This no service state doesn't necessarily mean no service, but rather that you weren't connected to one. For example, the 20 seconds it may take to handshake going from 4G to 3G. The 4.0.3 radios have been shown to improve this handshakem, but do nothing (if not reducing minimally) the 3G capabilities of the phone.

I hope this helps people."

Shad0w0fDeth

Reaction score
Anybody having issues placing custom apps on the lock screen? Mine don't show, other then unlock and camera.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anybody having issues placing custom apps on the lock screen? Mine don't show, other then unlock and camera.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Mine show up but the icon remains that little Codename android head.