[ROM] [CDMA][ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Fully Open Source](03/15/12)

mmarchba

Reaction score
I have been flashing roms like crazy....I keep coming back to this ROM.....Running franco kernel and it is just so good.....I have not had any bugs.....

catfisher

Reaction score
I can't think of anything major after 3 days or so. Give it a whirl!

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

martytoo

Reaction score
First time posting here, joined because of this exact ROM and good job, it's great so far!
One bug I do notice, I'm not sure if it has already been reported though. Whenever I
start up my device and at random intervals, a Google Maps will show up in the task
manager/recent as an all black square for the preview, and when I "click" on it, it opens
back to the homescreen.

I never noticed this because I rarely use the Recent button. I checked and have exactly the same issue.

Luppas

Reaction score
Hi guys
Finally gave under the pressure and flashed my first ROM. Codename android be thy name. BUT since flashing about 36 hours ago have had about 3 random restarts and also when I go to use my phone sometimes and unlock it I have the "activation successful" screen. Which is what you get the first time you turn on your phone and it connects to verizon network. Thats happened about 3 times as well. Should I be using a different kernel? Which are compatible with this ROM?
Thanks in advance

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi guys
Finally gave under the pressure and flashed my first ROM. Codename android be thy name. BUT since flashing about 36 hours ago have had about 3 random restarts and also when I go to use my phone sometimes and unlock it I have the "activation successful" screen. Which is what you get the first time you turn on your phone and it connects to verizon network. Thats happened about 3 times as well. Should I be using a different kernel? Which are compatible with this ROM?
Thanks in advance

Any of the 4.0.3 kernels will work with this. Did you wipe data before you flashed?

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I've finally unlocked the bootloader, flashed this rom for the first time, and flashed leankernel. Haven't had a chance to try it out for a day, but is there any need to try to change the setcpu settings? why would I have a need to do that?

Luppas

Reaction score
Any of the 4.0.3 kernels will work with this. Did you wipe data before you flashed?

Yeah mate. Got titanium backup happening so re-flashing should be pretty painless. Will give it another 48 hours and see how we go.
- Wiping data doesnt wipe your SD card section of the internal mem does it?
- Is there anyway to retrieve log information/kernal panics or something?
Thanks

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah mate. Got titanium backup happening so re-flashing should be pretty painless. Will give it another 48 hours and see how we go.
- Wiping data doesnt wipe your SD card section of the internal mem does it?
- Is there anyway to retrieve log information/kernal panics or something?
Thanks

If you're familiar w/ SDK tools, the command "adb logcat" will stream a log from your device to the command terminal. Should catch whatever happened that caused the reboot. There are also log apps in Market, but seeing as how those have to be saved I think you'd lose whatever you have when the phone reboots.

And no, wiping data in CWMR doesn't touch your internal storage. Doing a factory reset from the phone or from stock recovery will, though.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've finally unlocked the bootloader, flashed this rom for the first time, and flashed leankernel. Haven't had a chance to try it out for a day, but is there any need to try to change the setcpu settings? why would I have a need to do that?

Lowering the voltage can help conserve battery, and raising the max CPU limit will allow the device to run at higher speeds than intended. Each phone reacts differently to these changes, though, so change them in small increments and monitor the results.

Z'mnypit

Reaction score
Just flashed the 1.1.1 from 1.0.1. I must say I think I like the 1.0.1 better. Seems like there were more options/settings. I'll give this one a day or two and see if there is any noticable changes before switching back.

rjm

Reaction score
Is there anyway to change the order of the lockscreen toggles? I would really rather have the unlock be a swipe to the right.

otter34

Reaction score
battery was better with axiom :-(. What kernals is everyone using? Franco 11 for me