Cdma only mode

Tom123

Reaction score
After selecting cdma only mode I can select automatic or home only.

What is the difference???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Home only means if you are in an area without reception you won't switch to roaming mode. If you do automatic it will "automatically" switch between 3G or roaming depending on coverage needs.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
In the "old" days roaming happened often and a notice would come up that you may incur extra charges due to roaming and using an alternate cellular network. I learned the hard way just how expensive that could be lol.

With Verizon's west coast to east coast network, I can't imagine ever having to use roaming towers in all but the most remote locations.

I chose Home Only instead of Automatic as I am gunshy how you are notified and charged when you may be roaming. I can always change it to auto if I am in a life threatening situation.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tom123

Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

To avoid a possible hi roaming data charge I will leave the phone on home only .

Like you say I can always switch it if I need the data mode in area that verizon does not support .

Verizon should warn you about this possible extra charge for data roaming .

This happened or friend of mine who took his phone out of united states .

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well they have the settings to display a "Roaming Banner" when you are roaming. So if you have that checked then you will know when you are roaming. As well you can set it to not use data during roaming, so only phone calls will be used.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
In the "old" days roaming happened often and a notice would come up that you may incur extra charges due to roaming and using an alternate cellular network. I learned the hard way just how expensive that could be lol.

With Verizon's west coast to east coast network, I can't imagine ever having to use roaming towers in all but the most remote locations.

I chose Home Only instead of Automatic as I am gunshy how you are notified and charged when you may be roaming. I can always change it to auto if I am in a life threatening situation.

Roaming is no more exp out of country so u can put it on auto ull be fine. No more fees :)

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I will keep my settings the same but that is good to know, thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

eshef

Reaction score
My son and I went to Montreal on Tuesday. He has the X, I have the Razr. We both got notifications that roaming data may occur, etc. And a box popped up - the one saying Allow roaming, Allow this trip, Deny. We both said Deny and switched to wireless. His phone was fine from then on, mine kept beeping about once a minute and the stupid box kept popping back up. It was so annoying I finally put it on Airplane. I was checking the archives to see if anyone else had had this problem and found this thread. When I checked my phone, I found that I had Automatic checked and I'm wondering if that was the problem.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought Verizon had free nation wide coverage. (No roaming fees)

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um, that would be Montreal, Canada. :biggrin:

Lol...
My reply was in general not directly to Montreal... lol
I'm in Texas, basically our own country everything else is foreign territory. Lol

eshef

Reaction score
Sorry. You wouldn't believe how many people, when you say you're from Vermont, reply And what state's that in? :blink: I believe you're right, the whole US is pretty much roaming free.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vermont that's between Chance and Connecticut Ave. if I remember correctly ..

phone80

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with my Droid 3 and the pop up message about "Deny or allow" the roaming. It will automatically disable my roaming even though I have a global data plan. The message will pop up while I'm roaming constantly and is very annoying - has anyone found a way to "accept" global roaming and get rid of the pop up message?