[ROM] [Cdma/Gsm][Razr][Jb] Rage Rom (5/12/2013)

cpfitness

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that I no longer have to do multiple installs to get this rom? Also, what is the deal with the instructions saying to create any rom slot but then to wipe rom slot 1. I thought the whole purpose of Safe Strap was to be able to use mutliple roms but I've seen other roms state they they only work from slot 1. I'd like to avoid wiping out what I installed there if possible.

jkidd16

Reaction score
Just one question to avoid messing anything up. If I haven't installed this ROM yet and want to go directly to the newest v3.2, do I have to install 1.2, and then 1.4, and then go to v3.2? Or since I haven't installed any version of this ROM yet, can I just go directly to the newest version? Thanks a bunch.

jkidd16

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this in general for all ROMS. If I update say a google app such as Google Now from the Play Store while on your ROM, will it cause the ROM to be more unstable because the app wasn't part of YOUR actual ROM version?

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I've been wondering about this in general for all ROMS. If I update say a google app such as Google Now from the Play Store while on your ROM, will it cause the ROM to be more unstable because the app wasn't part of YOUR actual ROM version?

Nope not at all :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i went from Simplex V1.3 to this. used Matt's utility 1.82. all worked out like it should. i did have one small hiccup, when the phone restored to "stock" (i think) it had a set up problem where it FC'ed and wouldn't let me progress. i was going to simply install the backup of the orginial version of simplex v1.3, BUT, i just wiped all the data in the internal and external storage! yep, dumb move. i set it to AP Fastboot, and let Matt's utility take over. thanks matt!
i now have your rom working just fine. i did delete quite a few more apps though. the "NO AD" kept saying it was out of date and i needed a newer version, but for some reason i couldn't get it. it's now gone. i also got rid of all the "smart actions", not sure if that was a "smart" move...lol. i would have to look at the orginial list to name the rest, but in a nut shell, at least half are deleted. i liked the Power Widgets, i just didn't like that now there was 2 sets of them, the ap and the orginial one on the phone, so it's deleted.
question, in the screen shots, you have a different unlock screen, how do you get that? do you know of any links to change out the battery icon, 4G, or bars?
also, thanks for having the H.S. work, you didn't list it, but i assume that's something you didn't want to advertise.

eCheck

Reaction score
Will this ROM run in slot 2 or no? Getting the following when trying to flash slot 2:

set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip...
Error flashing zip ...RageRom.zip
Updating partition details

Tried a fresh download of the .zip, but issue persisted. Running CM 10.1.2 in slot 1 and want to demo Rage too for friends w/Razrs (not Maxx) who need better battery life. Any ideas?