[ROM] [Cdma/Gsm][Razr][Jb] Rage Rom (5/12/2013)

TruFakzor

Reaction score
I am CDMA with Verizon.

One question, in your instructions, it says not to wipe anything in going from 1.2 to 1.4. When I installed 1.4 over 1.2 in Safestrap, it said that it was wiping davik and cache. Is that what could be causing my problem? If so, what is the best way to flash over 1.2 if not through safestrap?

I just noticed my baseband is CDMA_N_04.17.00R LTEDC_U_08.17.00 vs the CDMA_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00

How do i fix this?

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i'm on simplex, is there anything special i need to do before i install this? maybe go to completely stock? start from scratch?

4low4fun

Reaction score
The link is broken. Can somebody help me out? Cant seem to find a good rom for the RAZR..

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
ROM has been extremely updated. Will post everything tomorrow.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Rhino94

Reaction score
Could I make a suggestion? Could you put Google music as the default music player. Many ppl use it and it would just make sense

andrexx

Reaction score
When are you putting on the updated version so I know when to download?

If you look at the time stamp, it was about 1:30 AM his time when he posted that. The original post was updated with the new version 3.2 later that day (which, at 1 AM would feel like tomorrow). Considering this and the fact that 3.2 has multiple changes, I'm going to go out on a limb, and say 3.2 is the referenced release.

Could I make a suggestion? Could you put Google music as the default music player. Many ppl use it and it would just make sense
You could just install Google Music Player yourself instead: PLAY LINK

Andy

andrexx

Reaction score
Paging Mr. Hicks..... Help?

Today I did a fastboot to upgrade to the latest stock JB, and all went well. I then proceeded to upgrade rage from 1.2 to 3.2, and am experiencing the following error:

"unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

I've cleared all caches (regular and Dalvik), but no joy. No system apps are frozen... I can't figure out what might be wrong. My last ditch will be to delete ROM Slot 1, re-initiate it, and try re-installing Rage, but I really don't want to lose everything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Andy

EDIT: P.S. Phone works fine in stock ROM.
EDIT: P.S.(2) I also now cannot restore my earlier version SafeStrap backup, but think this probably makes sense due to the stock ROM update?

OP
spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Today I did a fastboot to upgrade to the latest stock JB, and all went well. I then proceeded to upgrade rage from 1.2 to 3.2, and am experiencing the following error:

"unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

I've cleared all caches (regular and Dalvik), but no joy. No system apps are frozen... I can't figure out what might be wrong. My last ditch will be to delete ROM Slot 1, re-initiate it, and try re-installing Rage, but I really don't want to lose everything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Andy

EDIT: P.S. Phone works fine in stock ROM.
EDIT: P.S.(2) I also now cannot restore my earlier version SafeStrap backup, but think this probably makes sense due to the stock ROM update?

I have heard of a couple people getting FC's on some app, the only fix has been to delete and recreate the slot, then proceed to flash again. There hasn't been any sign yet of what the issue could be that is causing it, but it is being looked for and hopefully will be found soon!

andrexx

Reaction score
I have heard of a couple people getting FC's on some app, the only fix has been to delete and recreate the slot, then proceed to flash again. There hasn't been any sign yet of what the issue could be that is causing it, but it is being looked for and hopefully will be found soon!
If it had been anything other than the phone app, I might have been able to live with it. No matter. I wiped out ROM1 slot, recreated, and reloaded, and all is well. I was even able to restore apps, data and system data with TiBU using the backup I made from the stock side, and everything came back. Now I have stock and Rage running in almost identical configurations (although I'll likely never use stock now).

Thanks for the hard work on this!

Andy

BTW: RAGE saved me when I mucked up my original (X-mas leak) JB install. :)

thunder550

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the SMS issue when connected to 4G? I installed this yesterday and can't send texts while connected to 4G/LTE unless I do a Airplane mode toggle on/off first. Everything else is great so far, nice work :)

czer0wns

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution to the SMS issue when connected to 4G? I installed this yesterday and can't send texts while connected to 4G/LTE unless I do a Airplane mode toggle on/off first. Everything else is great so far, nice work :)

I'm having the same issue - I can receive SMS, but cannot sent regardless of what SMS app I use.

franlofter

Reaction score
wow Thank you for this rom, this was so easy since the last time i tried this works great nice theme and seems faster

07Rhino

Reaction score
Anyone have problems during a call? My screen shuts off and can't turn back on, which is annoying when you're trying to end a call or go on speaker, any fix to this?