CBS Evening News Says The Droid is Better than the iPad

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh, well...Having viewed the ENTIRE story on CBS last night, it's hardly reasonable to say that the network concluded the Droid is better than the iPad. Last I checked, very few people (as in nobody) expects to replace their phone with an iPad.

The slicing and dicing of functionality among various devices and form factors is an ongoing competition. The iPad poses a huge threat to the Kindle and other eBook readers. It poses a somewhat less obvious threat to netbooks and even laptops. It doesn't threaten either the Droid or the iPhone. Not meant to.

Darkseider

Reaction score
That there is what ya call a kick in the nuts with a broomstick up the poopshoot for a finish! GO DROID!

Mojo

Reaction score
from that little snipet of a video... it said nothing about it being better

iPirate

Reaction score
that isnt saying much seeing that the ipad is next to useless

G8TR

Reaction score
Anybody see a show called "Modern Family" last night? It was an all out commercial for the iPad. all the fanboys must have been jiggly in all the wrong places. :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
Anybody see a show called "Modern Family" last night? It was an all out commercial for the iPad. all the fanboys must have been jiggly in all the wrong places. :icon_eek:
I love that show and Phil is the type to buy an ipad lol

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if i wanted an ipad i would just buy an ipod touch and connect it up to my 22 inch monitor. ;)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Best sit-com on TV right now. Right next to Two and Half Men : )

Yeah I saw that episode.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Useless? Want to try reading a novel on your Droid? I read about a dozen newspapers a day. It's not something I'd want to do on my phone. Does it replace my phone? No. Does it replace my laptop? Again, no. But can I use it easily in a coach seat on a plane for five or six hours? Yup. Far easier than my 17 inch laptop or my Droid, neither of which will last through a five hour flight.

The point is that there is a multitude of ways to combine various functions and form factors. Some work for some people and some work for others. To assume that every device has to do everything is to assume a set of impossible requirements.

iPirate

Reaction score

Useless? Want to try reading a novel on your Droid? I read about a dozen newspapers a day. It's not something I'd want to do on my phone. Does it replace my phone? No. Does it replace my laptop? Again, no. But can I use it easily in a coach seat on a plane for five or six hours? Yup. Far easier than my 17 inch laptop or my Droid, neither of which will last through a five hour flight.

The point is that there is a multitude of ways to combine various functions and form factors. Some work for some people and some work for others. To assume that every device has to do everything is to assume a set of impossible requirements.
Seems like most people are trying to find reasons to use it. It isnt a solution to anyone's problem.

in the end 90% of the users will sit there like phil at the end of the show just touching it instead of using it for something useful. 90%, not all....

Last edited:

bwhite82

Reaction score

Holding it in my hand for five or six hours to watch a movie.....no thanks....iPass

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score

The ipad is just a giant ipod touch. I've been saying, Motorola should make a giant Droid with a slider keyboard. That would be so cool!