Caught in a CM boot loop without recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by adregner, May 14, 2011.

1. adregner

adregner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday we had a Droid 1 with the latest CM6 and clockwork recovery on it. It worked for the most part, but it has been slow and a little unstable and we wanted to restore the stock verizon version of android and re-root if necessary.

I found a zip or two for the version of android I wanted, but it didn't install with clockwork and I was advised that SPrecovery would install it, so I flashed that with Rom Manager. From this point on I have not been able to get into recovery mode. Selecting recovery mode from rom manger didn't do anything (would just boot CM as normal) and holding 'M' when powering on did the same amounts of nothing.

As I continued poking around and reading trying to fix it, I used rsdlite to flash a sbf of some other versions of sprecovery that I was directed to, and now it doesn't even boot CM properly. (it gets to the unlock screen, but doesn't get cell service, doesn't recognize the battery, and the android.phone process FC's when I unlock.)

I'm pretty sure all I have actual access to anymore is the bootloader to flash more sbf's or img's or whatever. I am proficient enough with hardware/software and have linux/mac/windows systems to work with plus a working D2G if that helps at all. I just don't know what my next course of action to fix the D1 should be.

Many thanks to anyone out there that can help.
  2. adregner

adregner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I must be partially crazy. I booted it into recovery mode (pretty sure it is sprecovery) by holding 'X' at power on. It won't mount the SD card so I'll be dealing with that next...
  3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    It won't mount to the computer? or won't mount so you can flash a zip?
  4. adregner

adregner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it won't mount in sprecovery to flash the stock update.zip I put on there. Sorry for not being specific.
  5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    You don't need to mount it, unless you are connecting it to your computer.

You just need to allow update.zip and install update.zip, unless that is where it is giving you an error.

In that case we need to know what it is.
  6. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had problems booting into recovery like you have had when I went to rzr recovery then back to clockwork. I had to flash spr recovery in rom manager, then flash clockwork several times before it would boot into recovery. If you can get into recovery by hold x, (never been m), on power up then you should be able to restore a back up if you have one. I've had the same thing happen to me several times when I flashed something over my current rom and something got corrupted. Just apply the update.zip from recovery like guidot said, or restore a back up that you know works.
  7. adregner

adregner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    last night when i was trying to flash the update.zip, sprecovery was saying it couldn't mount /sdcard. Just tried it again this morning and it worked. The phone booted and went through about 12,000 OTA updates and now is sitting pretty at stock 2.2.2.

Hopefully this will be it. Thanks for the suggestions. Guess I mostly needed to get it all out and take a step away to get it fixed.
Search tags for this page
android 2.2.2 bootloop fix without computer

boot loop fix with out recovery manager

cm boot into recovery

cm skyfire boot loop fix without restore

droid mb870 bootloop and computer doesnt recognize hardware

fix bootloop without computer

how to fix android bootloop without pc

how to fix bootloop in cm cruize

how to fix bootloop without pc

how to fixe bootloof for android no pc use