Casio Shows Off Gigantic, Rugged Android Wear Watch at CES

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Casio-WSD-F10.jpg

Say hello to the Casio WSD-F10. It's a rugged outdoor Android Wear watch with a 1.32-inch dual layer display, and it just showed off its behemoth shape for the press. Despite its impressive size, there are some other impressive things the Casio WSD-F10 has going for it.

Before we list all of the potent specs, the most stand-out cool thing about this watch is its dual layer display.
The display of the WSD-F10 includes both a bright TFT LCD for indoor use, and a monochrome LCD for use outdoors.

Here's a breakdown of the rest of its features:
  • 1.32-inch dual layer display - TFT LCD and monochrome LCD
  • Military standard environmental durability MIL-STD-810 - that basically means it's very tough
  • Pressure (air pressure, altitude) sensor, accelerometer, gyrometer, and compass (magnetic) sensor
  • A built-in microphone
  • Bluetooth 4.1 LE
  • Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
  • A Tool button, a Power button, and an App button
  • Similar styling to the G-SHOCK series
  • Size of Case: Approx. 61.7mm×56.4mm×15.7mm (H×W×D)
  • Weight: Approx. 93g (including watchband)
  • Touchscreen: Capacitive touchscreen
  • Water Resistance: 50 meters
  • Battery charges in approximately 2 hours and stays powered for a full day - can stay powered for a month in the LCD "timepiece mode" only
  • Green, Orange, Black, or Red
The Casio WSD-F10 will be available starting in April for around $500 USD. You can check out a video demo of it in the thread below. Don't forget to drop by our dedicated Android Wear section for further discussion: Android Watches | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Nice! If their watch is anything like their GzOne line, it'll be an amazingly rugged device for outdoor enthusiasts. I had their original GzOne flip phone back in the day and it was a great device.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Fishing??? I've seen it all.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Makes sense to me to include it. If you don't get your hands wet while your fishing you're obviously not catching anything.
(I've had those days myself) lol

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fishing??? I've seen it all.
Really? Why?
I wear my S when fishing, kayaking and other activities where I know it'll probably get wet and it's only resistant to ~1 meter.
I can't wrap my head around the terms "large screen" and "1.3"" in the same description.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Really? Why?
I wear my S when fishing, kayaking and other activities where I know it'll probably get wet and it's only resistant to ~1 meter.
I can't wrap my head around the terms "large screen" and "1.3"" in the same description.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Not referring to the wet factor. I'm referring to the fishing cycles the watch tells you. Watch the video.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I missed that the first time, but I think the tide graph is actually pretty cool and would really come in handy.
Overall it's got some great features... features that no other smartwatch has ATM.

S5 tap'n

Frenchboy

Reaction score
Pretty nice watch, i would love it if it had running mode...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I didn't see anything about running.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not referring to the wet factor. I'm referring to the fishing cycles the watch tells you. Watch the video.
Gotcha. My brain automatically dismisses anything like that on a screen that small. I'll have to watch it again more carefully.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

xtor

Reaction score
Finally a manly smart watch, with some size, for us big guys. I've tried on all the other smart watches well the few that fit my wrist and they looked like girls watch on my big wrist......6'5" 245. I need a smart watch put in this frame....
4b66bf4e481884b167ec2c639d4539e4.jpg

DV65