Casio Moves from Tough Android Watches to Tough Android Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
casio-tablet2.jpeg

Casio is known for some of its rugged watches and rugged Android phones. Today's news shows that they are branching out. Casio is apparently creating a couple of rugged Android tablets as well. The models they will be offering are the Casio V-T500-GE and V-T500-E. Both are made to the ruggedness specification with a IPR 54 rating. This basically means that you can drop them from 3 feet, and will operate when splashed or in dusty environments. Here's what else we know about,
  • Encased in rubber
  • Running Android Ice Cream Sandwich
  • 10" displays
  • Dual-core 1.5GHz TI OMAP4460 processor
  • NFC chip
  • Large capacity battery (user-swappable)
We still don't know any details on pricing or availability, but will keep our feelers out for more info.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via PhoneArena

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If these are anything like the laptops they made a few years back, they should be pretty good... my sisters fell off the roof of her car at 45 MPH and still functioned.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
That looks sweet! :biggrin: If I got one of those I'd put a metallic Batman logo on the back; that's what it reminds me of. It seems it would be easier to keep a hold of with the soft-rubber coating and grooves, I put a silicon cover over my ASUS Transformer because it's so thin it's difficult to get a good grip on it and I feel like I'm going to drop it. The cover helps give me a more secure grip on it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If I spent an insane amount for a casio watch this is something right up my alley, toughbook meet tough pad. gorilla glass a must.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Nice to see they stepped up the specs. Going off the title I expected a repeat of the Gzone commander...a tough and rugged but under powered device.There is still some potential for that to be true but a dual core cpu looks promising imo. Then again..thinking about it, the dual core might be a bit under powered for some environments where this would come in handy. A construction manager trying to render a 3D model comes to mind.