Casio G'z'One C811 - Commando replacement at Verizon ( soon?)

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by D_B, Apr 11, 2013.

1. D_B

D_B New Member

Verizon C811
    it will have 3 different battery/back options - normal - extended - wireless charging ... pictures , inside and out , and user manual at the FCC ... https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...me=N&application_id=240582&fcc_id=TYK-JDS9507

gzone-811.jpg

It has pretty good spec's this time , I think I'll want one ... I wish they had kept the Type L symmetry though

(sorry if this doesn't belong here , thought people with the Commando would be most interested in a replacement)

Edit: Heh .. It seems that Verizon must still have a bunch of Commando's left they're trying to get sold before they release the C811
    ... I notice the Casio GZone site wont load today (5/1) http://www.casiogzone.com/

Casio C811 specs available here (note, that is the regular sized battery, it will also have an 2920mAh extended battery option ... http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=4407&view=1&c=casio_gzone_commando_c811

Finally! ... a 6/6 release date
    EDIT: A 6/6 release date doesn't look likely now
    Casio & Verizon have really managed this pretty badly and have blown a good opportunity to get this out there while other options for a waterproof smart phone did not exist
    Now ... other manufacturers are offering up more and more waterproof and ruggedized smart phones ... Casio's phone is no longer so unique.
  2. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

Edit - NVM, didn't see the link with the specs! :blink:

Specs look pretty good for a device like this. Only thing I see that's a little iffy is the screen resolution is still 800x480. I don't think the type of person to buy this phone would care, though. At least the person I know still using a Gzone wouldn't!
  3. D_B

D_B New Member

4. D_B

D_B New Member

5. D_B

D_B New Member

and for those that asked about a desktop cradle, yes, there is one ... Desktop Charging Cradle(Part#: VZW811DTC)

I would get one for charging it and saving the USB port contacts and seal ( my purchased used, commando's USB port is problematic during download, but charges fine .. I got the cradle)
  6. D_B

D_B New Member

tried it out in the store, fast and responsive (I have a C771) and the asymmetrical shape is not as noticeable/unpleasing as I thought it would be .. the rubber (?) coating on the back/sides is a bit slippery

... this is strange, have not found ANY reviews ... Has anyone seen any reviews on the C811 ??
  7. treefireguy

treefireguy New Member

I have had the new Commando 4g LTE for about a week. I LOVE IT. So much faster and more capable then the gen 1 Commando. The extended battery (which comes with an extended door) greatly improves the lifespan. Anyone who has the first Commando will really enjoy the upgrade to the new one! I plan on doing a detailed review shortly.
    2 people like this.
  8. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

This is good to hear. My girlfriends father is a mechanic, and his Commando is probably one of the best electronic gadgets he's ever gotten. That thing takes a beating day in and day out, and keeps on ticking. I can't imagine him having any other phone, as it would either come back with the screen cracked or water damaged in less then a week :p

Definitely looking forward to your review of the phone. The original commando is definitely showing it's age at this point - it's about time a replacement came out for it.
Search tags for this page

c811

c811 release date

casio c811

casio c811 release

casio c811 release date

casio c811 verizon

casio commando 2

casio commando 2 release date

casio commando c811
casio commando c811 release date
casio g'zone c811