Cases

Reaction score
Diztronic

/thread

I love my diztronic, the phone is completely protected, buttons are covered and it looks and feels great without adding bulk. I have a clear one with the mod done to use the flip case. I also have a black one for when I don't want to use the flip front case.

I looked at the defender in the Verizon store, what a tank! It's already a big phone to begin with, but the defender makes it seem like you're carrying two notes.

jseah

Reaction score
The only thing I don't know that I'll like is how bulky and thick it will be. The holster looks pretty sturdy and clicks on in a solid way from what I've seen in videos. In what way are people saying the hostler isn't that great as far as what you've heard?

Not everyone has the problem, but enough have and demonstrate how there is no ability to draw in the effected areas and it's not perception. I will use it for content creation as an artist so it is important to me and one of the key distinctive features of the Note 2 besides the large screen. Also don't like the idea of it potentially causing long term damage. If you don't use the sPen much (which leads me to wonder why you even got the Note 2) you may not have seen the feedback on the case from users who complain about it. Seidio even acknowledges that some people have a real problem with it others don't, but they're not going to do anything about it.

Hmm ok. Oh well. Thanks for the reply on this.

I had read some reviews on Amazon that said that the belt clip isn't very secure.

As for why I got the Note 2, it is because

1. Hardware wise it is the most advanced phone currently available
2. The large screen is great

While I don't use the S-Pen on a daily basis, nor do I use it to create copies of Van Goghs or Monets, I do use it from time to time to take notes in meetings, and especially when I have to write emails or texts in Chinese (a lot easier to write a Chinese character versus trying to type out a Chinese character on a keyboard).

dominick_7

Reaction score
Diztronic

/thread

I love my diztronic, the phone is completely protected, buttons are covered and it looks and feels great without adding bulk. I have a clear one with the mod done to use the flip case. I also have a black one for when I don't want to use the flip front case.

I looked at the defender in the Verizon store, what a tank! It's already a big phone to begin with, but the defender makes it seem like you're carrying two notes.

Saw the Ditztronics. You have a black what, battery cover, case or?

Yea.. it's pretty much twice the thickness of the Note:/ Then again the Note 2 is so thin as it is, some people say it makes it easier to grip.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Diztronic

/thread

I love my diztronic, the phone is completely protected, buttons are covered and it looks and feels great without adding bulk.

Yep, Diztronic is the way to go for those looking for a case that provides good protection with minimal bulk. I've owned a matte black one for the Galaxy Nexus, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy S3, and now the Note 2. It's easily the best case of its kind out there.

jseah

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the Otterbox Defender because of the many reports that the Seidios magnet effects some or many screens via the sPen, where you aren't able to draw on the bottom around where it effects the screen. If there was a way to take off the magnet and use velcro, WHILE being able to use the extended battery via the Active one THAT would be perfect I think. Do you happen to know if the magnet could be taken off?

Ok, so I took a closer look at the kickstand on the Surface and the magnet is actually on the back of the kickstand itself. So it shouldn't be too difficult to pry or scrape off the magnet from the back of it if you wanted to remove the magnet.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Yep, Diztronic is the way to go for those looking for a case that provides good protection with minimal bulk. I've owned a matte black one for the Galaxy Nexus, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy S3, and now the Note 2. It's easily the best case of its kind out there.

Cool, reminds me of the Sprint/TMobile Body Glove case. Only thing is it can't accommodate the extended battery and don't think it has a kickstand.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Ok, so I took a closer look at the kickstand on the Surface and the magnet is actually on the back of the kickstand itself. So it shouldn't be too difficult to pry or scrape off the magnet from the back of it if you wanted to remove the magnet.

Hmm.. you don't say. Interesting. So I could take the magnet off and replace it with velcro, but do you think it could allow the extended battery to fit if the mod was done to it?

jseah

Reaction score
Hmm.. you don't say. Interesting. So I could take the magnet off and replace it with velcro, but do you think it could allow the extended battery to fit if the mod was done to it?

I doubt it. The Surface is hard plastic and it is a pretty tight fit. I doubt there would be any leeway, unless the mod results in the extended battery in the phone being the same thickness as the stock battery and battery cover.

As far as replacing the magnet with Velcro, I don't think that would work either. The magnet is in a thin, oval recess in the back of the kickstand. The recess is probably about 3/8" inch long by 3/16" high. The total thickness of the two pieces of Velcro would need to be the thickness of the magnet itself if you wanted the kickstand to fit flush. If you took a stack of about 10 sheets of paper, that would approximate the thickness of the kickstand, so you know that the magnet would be probably half as thin as that.

dominick_7

Reaction score
I doubt it. The Surface is hard plastic and it is a pretty tight fit. I doubt there would be any leeway, unless the mod results in the extended battery in the phone being the same thickness as the stock battery and battery cover.

As far as replacing the magnet with Velcro, I don't think that would work either. The magnet is in a thin, oval recess in the back of the kickstand. The recess is probably about 3/8" inch long by 3/16" high. The total thickness of the two pieces of Velcro would need to be the thickness of the magnet itself if you wanted the kickstand to fit flush. If you took a stack of about 10 sheets of paper, that would approximate the thickness of the kickstand, so you know that the magnet would be probably half as thin as that.

You're probably right. Just looked at the mod again and it requires cutting a hole for the battery not just in the original battery cover but also the Otterbox hard shell casing, so yea don't think it's possible. You'd think Hyperion would make a bunch of cases available for their extended battery to get a corner on the market as far as selection and extra ways they can make money, but that might be too expensive an undertaking I guess. Ah ok.. oh well. Thanks for the feedback.