Cases?

Bixby

Reaction score
Who want to write a review for the case that my company makes. We will send you the case at no charge?

Any chance that your company will (or can) make an 'Androidified' design 4 the DROID 3?!? I think that could be a big seller! I would buy it fo' sho', haha ;-)

Sent from my DROID3

LOTL

Reaction score
Cool, here is a link to the cases

Amazon: CruzerLite TPU Cases

Please take a look and tell me which ones you want.
Not sure what happened to the people that were supposed to write reviews for your case, but i wanted to mention my thoughts on it.

I have a TPU case on my Droid X and its held up great. When it came time to get a case for my Girlfriends Droid 3, i started looking at TPU cases. She liked the one on my X and wanted to go with the purple one you offer.

I used the coupon code for this forum you posted earlier in this thread and it does still work as of 2 weeks ago.
My first impressions of the case, were that the thin pieces of material that tuck under and over the edges of the phone were extremely thin and time will tell if they hold up. The cut outs were all in the right position and once on (more about that in a sec) it looks and fits well.

OK getting the top section on was a little tricky. I ended up using a small wooden skewer in order to get those thin pieces folded out and in the right position to grip the under side of the slider. The bottom section i thought was just going to slip right on with no problem, but it took a little work as well.
Once both pieces were on, they stayed in place well and have been on now for 2 weeks of daily use. So far so good.

The TPU material is thick enough to provide adequate protection for the phone without adding a lot of bulk. Is it thicker and heavier than the stock phone? Sure, but not to the point where you really notice.

One thing i noticed, was that the number row of keys were a little more difficult to access with the case on. My girlfriend didnt think so, so im sure its one of those subjective things. I was able to press the number keys, but with my bigger fingers i had to press straight down on them. I only played with it for a few minutes and im sure with a little more use, i would have gotten used to it.

For those using a dock, this probably isnt the case for you. I pop the TPU case off of my X a few times a day to place it in my dock when on the road. While its easy enough to do this with a one piece case for the X, you wont be wanting to do it with the TPU case for the Droid 3.

For less than $10 shipped, i think the Cruzerlite TPU case is a keeper. Sure you can pick up a 3 pack on Ebay for less and have it shipped from Hong Kong and wait a few weeks, but if your looking for some decent protection for your D3 and like the TPU cases, then this one is worth a shot. Bear in mind the installation issues i mentioned previously.

Professor_Oleander

Reaction score
<snip>
Now I can say that I am truly happy with this case, and will likely not be purchasing a Otter Box unless I'm missing some outstanding feature.

I just got this phone last Tuesday and I'm in love with it. I used the OEM case for the first few days while I was waiting I was waiting for my Otter Box to come in. I liked the OEM but the thing that bothered me was the recessed lock button and volume rocker. The OB inner silicone case raises all the external buttons, has a flip plug for the headphone jack and the USB and HDMI slots and covers the polished area on the "bump." It was well worth it in my opinion. If it can put my OCD to rest it must be good!

Beamed from my DROID3 using DroidForums