Cases for your maxx?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
So recently dropped my phone 3 times in one day :( last one resulted in s crack going through the top left of the screen. I rarely to never drop my phone. But I've been out of it recently. So. Any cases out there that you prefer ? Like/ dislike why?
I'm mainly browsing eBay for a case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I have the HTC One, but my wife just got the Maxx yesterday. I like the Otterbox Commuter cases for protection, but they are not very grippy and she was afraid of dropping her phone. I got her the Speck Candy Shell case in black through Amazon for about $20 with shipping. It is grippy and she likes it. The Verizon stores have it for $35.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I should have noted that the Speck case is not as protective as the Otterbox Commuter in my opinion. It's probably more protective than the Diztronic TPU case that I sometimes use on my One.

Casen

Reaction score
Otter box defender.
For when your phone needs to survive... Anything..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Maxx cases are few and far between. And the ones available are pricey. I could not believe that VZW is asking $34.99 for the Speck case. It is basically a TPU case with ridges. And even the basic carbon fiber look case is $30. I had the Incipio Dual Pro but it added way too much bulk IMO. And from what I have heard the Diztronics TPU cases add about the same amount of bulk.

And good luck finding good quality screen protectors either.

Laureanne

Reaction score
HYbrid Case

So recently dropped my phone 3 times in one day :( last one resulted in s crack going through the top left of the screen. I rarely to never drop my phone. But I've been out of it recently. So. Any cases out there that you prefer ? Like/ dislike why?
I'm mainly browsing eBay for a case.

I have a Dual Layer Holster Case with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip case on my phone. It has already dropped off my bed on to the hard floor . It fits better in my pocket instead of the Otter box case. I need to carry my phone at all times. below is a link. I bought mine on Ebay for 9.95 plus shipping. I had lots of choice in colors as well

Amazon.com: Holsters & Clips: Cell Phones & Accessories

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Maxx cases are few and far between. And the ones available are pricey. I could not believe that VZW is asking $34.99 for the Speck case. It is basically a TPU case with ridges. And even the basic carbon fiber look case is $30. I had the Incipio Dual Pro but it added way too much bulk IMO. And from what I have heard the Diztronics TPU cases add about the same amount of bulk.

And good luck finding good quality screen protectors either.

You can get the Speck case for $19.57 with shipping at Amazon. The Diztronic TPU case is $9.90 without shipping. Shipping cost depends on how much you buy and/or if you have a Prime membership. The Speck is thicker than the Diztronic and worth double the price if you want a grippy case. The Diztronic case that I have on my HTC One is just a little thinner than the Incipio Dual that I had for my Inc2. I don't think that the Diztronic adds much thickness at all. Anything much thinner is called tissue paper and would afford about the same protection. I have Otterbox Commuter, Incipio Dual, Diztronic and Speck cases for various phones.

Big D

Reaction score
I can't seem to keep a case on this phone. It is just so much nicer without anything on it. I have a screen protector. That's it.

taperk600

Reaction score
I find it amazing that if you don't have a Galaxy or (cough)iPhone.... then there are very few choices for accessories in general for the rest of the phones out there

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I find it amazing that if you don't have a Galaxy or (cough)iPhone.... then there are very few choices for accessories in general for the rest of the phones out there

This is true. Even the bigger manufacturers are neglecting the new Droid line. The Moto X even had many more choices but that is because it is essentially the same phone across multiple carriers.

Tap'd from my G2

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I bought the tpu from amazon and the otter box commuter. Love them both. Sticking with the otter box for its cover of the USB and headphone ports