Cases for the Razr HD?

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I just wanted to know every one else's opinion. Do you have a phone case on your RAZR HD? I mean the phone has Kevlar which is five times stronger than steel by weight. So the phone can take a punch. Yet, I find myself having a phone case. I prefer having my phone caseless. Yet, I wanna protect it and keep it's luster.

So, does your RAZR HD have a case or are you showing off the Kevlar?

richrcp

Reaction score
Double Tapp89,

I have the Otterbox Defender Series & I would not recommend purchasing it. I have used this case on the OG Droid, X, X2, and the Razar Maxx with no complaints. On the Maxx HD the buttons are a chore to push even after weeks of use and the screen protector does not fit flush and has a bouncing effect when you touch the screen. Also because the protector is not flush, lent and other matter ends up behind the screen protector. Very disappointed in Otterbox with this build quality:angry: Look at the Sedio case or Trident!!! Good luck!!!

OP
DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I was never a big fan of the Otter box. They make great products. But makes phone bulky. Even the commuter series. I currently us the Casemate Barely there cases. They've been my favorite so far. But I keep wanting to take it off and enjoy my phone as it is.

snowman

Reaction score
Diztronic small thin fit is great.love it
Not bulky at all priced right

OP
DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that everyone so far has a case on their RAZR HD. Lol.

The "Barely There Case by Casemate is a great case. But it was a little on the expensive side. $30. :( I died a little. Lol.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So I'm assuming that everyone so far has a case on their RAZR HD. Lol.

The "Barely There Case by Casemate is a great case. But it was a little on the expensive side. $30. :( I died a little. Lol.

The case I got shows a little Kevlar off, its not that protective as say an Otterbox Defender (my wife has one, and it looks and feels like a BRICK, she finally got used to it).

Check this one out:

Amazon.com: Qmadix Flex Gel Xpression Cover for Motorola DROID RAZR HD & DROID RAZR MAXX HD, Black/Red: Cell Phones & Accessories

I only got it because I think the phone needs "some" protection. The Defender is just too big for me, though, is the ultimate insurance policy.

RossoCorsa

Reaction score
I actually don't have a case on my HD right now... I'd love one of those leather BlackBerry like sleeves for it, but I haven't found a good one.

3L1

Reaction score
After about 3.5 months, I trashed the case i was using and the screen protector...this phone is just too badass to cover up!

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk II

jimmythegent

Reaction score
After about 3.5 months, I trashed the case i was using and the screen protector...this phone is just too badass to cover up!

I thought the same thing till I looked up how much a replacement digi/LCD combo was... changed my mind kinda fast...

3L1

Reaction score
Good point. But when the Motorola X comes out, i'll have to replace the whole phone anyway, haha

OP
DoubleTapp89

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I actually decided to remove my case and show how awesome the the kevlar is. I've always took care of my phones. It just feels natural not having a case. Never has.

Zippster

Reaction score
No case on mine, I like the way it fits in my pocket better and easier to slip in and out of my car dock several or more times a day.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm in the no case camp, too. And I've broken several phones. I just love skinny phones... it sucks adding a bigass case to it.
BUT if you are going to buy a case it does drive me a little nuts to see someone say "that's too expensive". $30 is not alot for a $650 device. I don't care if you paid $100 subsidized, it is an expensive piece of equipment. Don't cheap out.

I do not work for a case company.
I did once and paid the price for it. Bought a cheap case for wifes iPad. It broke.
Bought an expensive case for the replacement. Lesson learned.

zaphodity

Reaction score
I'm in the no case camp, too. And I've broken several phones. I just love skinny phones... it sucks adding a bigass case to it.
BUT if you are going to buy a case it does drive me a little nuts to see someone say "that's too expensive". $30 is not alot for a $650 device. I don't care if you paid $100 subsidized, it is an expensive piece of equipment. Don't cheap out.

I do not work for a case company.
I did once and paid the price for it. Bought a cheap case for wifes iPad. It broke.
Bought an expensive case for the replacement. Lesson learned.

I thought a $30 case for a $600 device was very reasonable. Like the space left for easy access to charger and HDMI port.