Casemate Tough Case

makilavelli

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Long time reader, first time poster. First off, just wanted to thank everyone on the board for providing their experiences and providing input regarding upcoming devices. Your thoughts/opinions led to me buying my first smartphone (Razr) and I couldn't be happier. Anyways, rather than rambling into a bio I will get down to business.

Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know that those looking for a protective case for their Razr should take a good look at the Casemate "Tough Case". I have done tireless research into different options for the phone before comfortably settling on this piece and I gotta say it was an excellent choice. It provides dual layer protection like the Otterbox, but adds very little to the phone's size so the profile still looks pretty sweet. It does however, add enough that the phone actually feels more comfortable to hold.

My wife used to hate my phone due to the size and the feeling of possibly having it slide out of her hand, but with the addition of this case she is now envious ;) I held out as long as I could as one of the reasons I purchased the Razr was for it's aesthetic appeal, but after reading horror stories of people dropping them in just the right spot to cause damage scared me into slapping a case on. Anyways, just throwing it out there for those interested. dancedroid

OP
makilavelli

makilavelli

Reaction score
Someone asked me for some pics so here they are :) I like that it shows off more of the phone than the other heavy duty cases. Anyways, like the other cases, it consists of the silicon cover, followed by the durable, plastic piece. Also, the silicon covers the buttons for increased protection and it makes pressing the buttons a lot easier.

Overall, it makes the phone feel a bit heavier, but the form is still salvaged. My wife thinks it gives it a much better grip and I have to agree that it makes the phone feel much more solid. Hope this helps

Last edited:

v13tryceboi

Reaction score
more pics!

this looks like an awesome case! could you possibly post pictures of the side of the hard cover? where the buttons are? that seems to be the spot were most of these combo cases break cause the plastic is so thin!

thanks!

OP
makilavelli

makilavelli

Reaction score
Sure, sorry about that. Didn't notice that some of my pics didn't attach. Thanks, I think it's an awesome case as well. Don't worry, it's a very solid piece, has a nice tight fit, and is easy as pie to remove.

I looked at everything from Diztronic, to Incipio, Seidio, Otterbox, etc. and it really came down to a dogfight between this and Otterbox Commuter. My brother swears by Otter and his HTC EVO 3D looks just great in one, but I just wasn't feeling the RAZR design.

View attachment 45560View attachment 45561View attachment 45562

The tough case also has a texture to it on the plastic that gives it a very nice look and grip. I like the fact that it still keeps the phone very slim and light and I like seeing the "Moto" seal on top. It's a part of the look and I want to show it off :)

I take the case off every now and again while at home so I can enjoy the phone in all it's glory, but with two toddlers and a job working with the military that has me on the go quite a bit, a case seemed like an inevitable choice given that I have read some stories here and on the net about people having them slip out of jackets, pockets, laps, etc. Glad you like and if you have any other questions let me know.

v13tryceboi

Reaction score
awesome, i might go for this bad boy for heavy duty stuff.. right now i have the cruzerlite android green case because i want to show off my sexy razr in bright neon green.. but ill probably want some better protection down the road.. hopefully case-mate will come out with some flashier colors!

thanks!

OP
makilavelli

makilavelli

Reaction score
Yeah, wish they had more options, but it's probably because the phone is still relatively new. Just saw on amazon that Case-Mate is releasing a White/Cool Grey POP case towards the end of Jan. Looks pretty sweet, but I've heard issues about that model for other phones so be sure to check out some reviews when it releases. That's about all they're doing for color at the moment, unfortunately.
:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BigCTM

Reaction score
I purchased this case from thecellguru.com for around 15.00 total. Best price I could find on it...Do not expect speedy shipping however.

CaseMate

Reaction score
We will be coming out with more colors for the Droid RAZR Pop! with Stand Case soon. The colors combinations will be as follows: Black/Cool Grey, White/Honeysuckle, White/Cool Grey, Pink/Cool Grey. Hope this helps!

Molly Uhlig
Community Manager
Case-Mate

red22769

Reaction score
I went to the Case-Mate website and they do not have any Tough Cases listed for the Razr any longer.... ended up buying the Barley there case, which looks a lot nicer and durable than anything offered in the local verizon stores!!!!

Thanks Makilavelli for putting up the info you did!

R

RETG

I have had a Seidio on my X since day one. Its construction appears similar, silcone under and plastic over and it has taken some heavy abuse around the desert red rocks in the area. So, what made you choose this over the Seidio? (Had an Otterbox on my BB and it was a POS, in my opinion.)

OP
makilavelli

makilavelli

Reaction score
I have had a Seidio on my X since day one. Its construction appears similar, silcone under and plastic over and it has taken some heavy abuse around the desert red rocks in the area. So, what made you choose this over the Seidio? (Had an Otterbox on my BB and it was a POS, in my opinion.)

I looked very closely at the Seidio Surface case and almost pulled the trigger. My wife has a surface on her thunderbolt and looks pretty sharp, however, I just wasn't sure if it would provide enough protection.

Anyways, was torn between the case-mate and seidio active and in the end I preferred this. I'm a fan of otterbox as well, but didn't like the look of the Razr model.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

R

RETG

I should have said the 'active' case. The 'surface' does not provide the same protection. I may take a closer look at the case mate when I jump to the next phone.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Looks great but the open charging and mic port are a deal breaker for me .... I work in dusty dirty conditions and need them to be covered heck even the occasionally walk in the pocket causes lint to get down in there affecting the phone... I went with the Otter Box commuter for this reason...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dsprik

Reaction score
We will be coming out with more colors for the Droid RAZR Pop! with Stand Case soon. The colors combinations will be as follows: Black/Cool Grey, White/Honeysuckle, White/Cool Grey, Pink/Cool Grey. Hope this helps!

Molly Uhlig
Community Manager
Case-Mate
I will follow this. My wife is getting the white razr and that is a useless feature with a black cover. I will probably catch her taking it off unless the case matches colors well...