Case yes/no which one?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Justin-
Would you mind detailing some things about this case? I am loath to even ask the Verizon store Reps (had one actually reply to my request to "see" the incipio and otterbox by saying, "well yeah if you don't trash them".) Did you really just say that to me?
This case "looks" pretty good on their website. Likes/dislikes/ features/ bulk.....
Thanks
Things I do not like .
The home button is a little harder to hit takes a couple of days to get used to.
The screen protector is not the greatest. Notice no difference in sensitivity..but I am not a screen protector type of person.

Things I do like
Slick so it slides in and out of pocket easily ( does not come with holster)
Everything is covered .charging port /headphone jack.

Don't know if wireless charging still works .Don't have a wireless charger yet.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dd6db331094ba212c9eb36e8afd628f3.jpg
709674a66a29ab3f03ebce2c1830ed37.jpg
5881aeebaa3e8181184240c390b436ba.jpg
7c3b59e75e4aa3209807dc9f91fb3775.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wireless charging should work fine with most cases. I believe there was a report awhile back where the Otterbox Defender series cases made it extremely difficult to charge wirelessly using most Qi wireless charging pucks. Perhaps someone can reconfirm this for us.

S5 tap'n

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holy crap that's a monster of a case! Overkill IMO, unless of course you're mountain climbing in the French Alps or snowboarding on K2. LOL!
(just bustin your chops Justin)

S5 tap'n
Or running a sawmill / messing with firewood . and of course you can't do all that when weather is nice .it must rain and there must be mud ( rules are rules ) . seems like it anyways .killed a lot of phones in 6 inches of water .

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me the phone is comfortable to hold with it on.

Reactions: cr6
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
In the meantime (while I'm waiting to hear back from incipio) I cut a piece of plastic from a three leaf binder and put it between the phone and the inside of the cover to see if that will keep the divots from pressing into the nylon.
We'll see. I'll keep you posted (if anyone cares).

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anyone seen a vertical leather pouch type case for the Turbo? I have a Monaco vertical leather pouch case with clip (open on top, no flap) right now on my Bionic and I love it. I don't have a case on the phone, just the pouch clipped to the inside of my front pocket.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, no response from incipio as of yet which irritates me. I have to say "No" to this case for those who have the ballistic nylon Turbo. It will probably work well for the kevlar cased phone.

Here was the result of me trying to fashion a barrier between the phone and the "Protective" case. THIS is what will happen to your phone TOO.

Last edited:
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Inexcusable also, WHY any reptable manufacturer of "Protective cases" would do something like this is beyond me. IF the dimples don't come out of my phone, incipio is going to have a problem on their hands and its going to look like - Me.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Inexcusable also, WHY any reptable manufacturer of "Protective cases" would do something like this is beyond me. IF the dimples don't come out of my phone, incipio is going to have a problem on their hands and its going to look like - Me.

I'm sure when they were sent a dummy phone to make a case off of it was the Kevlar. They might not have even known about the ballistic nylon. I'm sure a disclaimer will be coming soon.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably, in the meantime (as usual) I was the test Dummie - I don't want to see anyone else get this piece Unless they don't mind their case doing the damage instead of protecting.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Otterbox Commuter just installed on my Black Turbo - a hefty secure feel. Had it on phone now for 2 minutes - I like it :)