Gold Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 24c
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have always had cases (usually a couple per/phone. Day I took it off my MaxxHD is the day I jumped out of my Jeep having stuck it between my legs (a habit I thought I'd broken) and sent it across the parking lot.
Case went back on so I couldn't see it.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I looked at that one. The pic makes it look like the back is open. It is actually just clear. And not worth $35 at all.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

I see it has "metal buttons" sounds kinda teenagery. Honestly, the incpio DP doesn't add the weight and bulk I felt it did on my MaxxHD. Maybe because the phone starts off less bulky.

quadtronix

Reaction score
They showed my like 7 cases at Verizon when I got the phone. None interested me. I think one was otterbox and one or two where incipio but I need to do more research as they were all kind of expensive. I'm not against paying a premium for a good case but I've got to be sure I'm going to like it first. Had the Defender for my Droid DNA and used it for one day! Lol! Had issues with the screen sensitivity. The ones they showed me for the Turbo looked nice and I was tempted but I have dropped my phone like twice in my lifetime and never damaged a smartphone in over 5 years... My DNA dropped once but was fine afterwards. Not a single scratch. If anything I may look into a folio case... I had them for my Note 3 and One Max before it. Kinda like them... Those two were both incipio. My Note 3 is still in it on the shelf powered down.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like the Diztronic (when it comes out) has the most minimalistic design. The incipio DP is less expensive and IMO nicer than than the Otterbox.
I wish there was something that worked the style of the phone into the equation rather than simply covering it all up. Afterall where does most of the damage occur? Corners first - edges second I'd wager. So, why not cover/protect those areas. Anybody ever bust the back of their phone? I'm sure somebody has but not enough to "burka" the whole phone.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'm surprised Diztronics doesn't even have a coming soon for the Turbo on their page. Seems like they are not really interested in doing cases for Motorola devices much. The last few releases they have only had 1 or 2 choices. Back with the Bionic and Razr they had many.

krnmc

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get case until back of my nylon got little bit of chocolate on it at a Starbucks while I was studying.... It was pretty hard to clean it... I learned my lesson...I shouldn't study haha

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just an FYI. If you are using the case/holster combo with the nylon ballistic watch out. The four corner tabs or whatever they are dig into the back and are causing intentions. This is just after a few days.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Incipio Update: I have the DualPro the "rubbery" inside has a series of "Nibs" whether for circulation or whatever, they put dimples in the back of the phone (ballistic nylon) I am leaving it off to see if they come out. Not sure whether I will keep the case and if the indentions don't come out you know the phone is getting exchanged.
What is wrong with people? "Duh, hey Joey this new case we designed really boogers up the back a da phone ya know. Oh well huh a huh".

here is what I'm talking about...

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Incipio Update: I have the DualPro the "rubbery" inside has a series of "Nibs" whether for circulation or whatever, they put dimples in the back of the phone (ballistic nylon) I am leaving it off to see if they come out. Not sure whether I will keep the case and if the indentions don't come out you know the phone is getting exchanged.
What is wrong with people? "Duh, hey Joey this new case we designed really boogers up the back a da phone ya know. Oh well huh a huh".

Looks like the ballistic nylon may not be as durable as it seems. That is two cases that can cause damage to it. But I imagine they were designed with the Kevlar back in mind.

I am waiting for Diztronics or Fosmon to come out with a TPU case and be done with it.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I think the name is very sexy these days "Ballistic Nylon" people like to say it because it makes them feel "tactical" or like a super hero or something. Sort of like when Keds commercials used to show the kid and the ad voice was telling you that these sneakers would make you run faster and jump higher .....
News Flash: Don't anyone hold your phone up and try to stop any bullets even little ones.

Reactions: cr6

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have mine in a lifeproof case. I have some things that I don't like about it but I will deal. Clear back on it so you can see the back of phone . adds lots of protection with little bulk. IMO.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have mine in a lifeproof case. I have some things that I don't like about it but I will deal. Clear back on it so you can see the back of phone . adds lots of protection with little bulk. IMO.

Justin-
Would you mind detailing some things about this case? I am loath to even ask the Verizon store Reps (had one actually reply to my request to "see" the incipio and otterbox by saying, "well yeah if you don't trash them".) Did you really just say that to me?
This case "looks" pretty good on their website. Likes/dislikes/ features/ bulk.....
Thanks

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

That is really strange. I don't have those dimples on the inside of my Incipio DualPro case (S5 version).
N96XTve.jpg

I also find it odd that "ballistic nylon" is so soft that indentations show up so easily. :confused:

S5 tap'n