Case with No Slide Out Keyboard Feature

jcardona1

Reaction score
i'm still intersted, pm'd. but i do have a few questions:

- when and how will we get to see the design of this case?
- since this is a custom case, what happens if are not happy with the fitment of the case?
- i want something that is one piece, so will that mean it will be difficult to remove if needed?
- can you post some actual color samples of the carbon fiber cases (other phones, of course)?

Last edited:

rleonard

Reaction score
Chris,
In any development program, I understand the issues and agree with your position. Like an earlier poster asked, can we see anything that resembles the case. I'd like to see your materials. I think you have a winner.

Bob

jcardona1

Reaction score
another thing folks should consider, ive already spent close to $50 with shipping on two cases that are mediocre at best. so when you think about, $60 for a high quality custom made case really isnt that bad :)

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score

- since this is a custom case, what happens if are not happy with the fitment of the case?
- i want something that is one piece, so will that mean it will be difficult to remove if needed?

Thank you for your questions.

1. After we get the design made up and everything the manufacturer will send us pictures and I will have them forwarded to me so that I can post pictures up.

2. These will fit no doubt, we go through strenuous testing to make sure they do :)

3. As with other cases they say you can stick something flat on the side of them to pop them open, so i'd say that would be an idea, otherwise most people just use force to remove other cases (not recommended, but its unlikely that you'd use enough force to wreck the case).

funken

Reaction score
another thing folks should consider, ive already spent close to $50 with shipping on two cases that are mediocre at best. so when you think about, $60 for a high quality custom made case really isnt that bad :)

And you can probably get some money for your Seidio case.

jcardona1

Reaction score

1. After we get the design made up and everything the manufacturer will send us pictures and I will have them forwarded to me so that I can post pictures up.

2. These will fit no doubt, we go through strenuous testing to make sure they do :)

3. As with other cases they say you can stick something flat on the side of them to pop them open, so i'd say that would be an idea, otherwise most people just use force to remove other cases (not recommended, but its unlikely that you'd use enough force to wreck the case).
one more :) i edited while you were replying

- can you post some actual color samples of the carbon fiber cases (other phones, of course)?

tktouch12

Reaction score
1) i think if someone made a case that was a slip on silicon case that just went all the way around like it does on a normal "bar" phone it would be perfect, and easy to take off/on (and i would pay a lot just because that is what i really want)

2) but, how much protection will there be to keep the phone from getting scratched?

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score

quote]
one more :) i edited while you were replying

SDC10159.jpg

SDC10083.jpg

These are still wet but it shows the example of all the colors.
SDC10375.jpg

SDC10372.jpg

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
Chris,
In any development program, I understand the issues and agree with your position. Like an earlier poster asked, can we see anything that resembles the case. I'd like to see your materials. I think you have a winner.

Bob

Just posted some, I will have different types of pictures up soon.

jcardona1

Reaction score
those look great. do you have any pictures of them installed on phones? im curious to see how the lip/edge is finished on the other side

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
Well we are geting our Iphone prototype very soon so you will probably want to wait for pictures of that.

This was one of the first models on the G1:

SDC10136.jpg

Of course the edges are going to be a smoother and all that now. That was just a sample test case (garbage piece to us but a mediocre sample to show)

knicho19

Reaction score
im VERY interested in buying one of the carbon fiber cases, especially if it keeps the keyboard from sliding out and is one piece.

my big question was said before, how will it look on the bottom lip/protrusion??
im having troube picturing a one piece solid case that you can pop over that =\
other than that i would be in to buy more than likely

EDIT: also is shipping included in that $60 dollar price tag? if not how much are we talking to ship these things in the states ( a broad quote it fine, im not asking for a perfect dollar amount to my zip or anything)

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
Ok Chris payment just sent. Come on guys, if youre interested, let's make this happen!!! :)

Chris - if you get required amount of payments in, what's the estimated turnaround time for this case?

Thanks!

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
im VERY interested in buying one of the carbon fiber cases, especially if it keeps the keyboard from sliding out and is one piece.

my big question was said before, how will it look on the bottom lip/protrusion??
im having troube picturing a one piece solid case that you can pop over that =\
other than that i would be in to buy more than likely

EDIT: also is shipping included in that $60 dollar price tag? if not how much are we talking to ship these things in the states ( a broad quote it fine, im not asking for a perfect dollar amount to my zip or anything)

It will be a very fine and smooth edge.
As for stopping the keyboard to slide we are still coming up with a design in our head. the clips may reach over the top of the phone just to grasp onto it as most other cases do. With that in place the keyboard should be unable to slide but we have multiple ideas in mind.

Shipping is included in the price. Because the item is small but also people will worry about damage it will be simply wrapped in bubble wrap as protection and shipped in a normal envelope. This will ensure to keep the price how it is but also make it easier on the both of us. If you have a problem with that method let me know, but that seems to be an effective way to do this.

If you are interested after reading this (anyone) PM me for my paypal.

EDIT: Talked to my producer. After all payments are received turn around should be about one month.
He just bid on the dummy droid phone so payments NEED to be in by Wednesday January 27 2010. If all payments are not received within that time I will start refunding peoples money.

If you want this case encourage other interested members to jump on this quick!

Current Paid:
Funken (Blue)
JCardona1 (Black)

8 More to go everyone!

Second edit: Picture of the color rolls.

cf2.jpg
[/

Last edited: