Case with No Slide Out Keyboard Feature

Clubdownforce

Reaction score
A bold first post, I suppose, but anyway...

On an automotive forum that I frequent, a member is considering making a one piece molded carbon fiber case, for many phones. I introduced the idea of making a droid case, that would enclose the entire phone, essentially eliminating the slide out keyboard, and seems as if he would be able to do so. Also, judging by previous work he has done, it will look much, much better than those intolerantly nasty looking aluminum cases.

It seems that he can do all different colors on the carbon fiber, so we do have options there. Also, since it would be essentially a one-off, limited production piece, don't expect them to be cheap, I believe he is asking in upwards of 35 dollars for these, but the more people we get, the cheaper they will be.

I personally HATE my slideout keyboard, and saw this thread and wondered if you guys might be interested.

Here's a couple of pics of a case that he made for the G1:

SDC10143.jpg

SDC10146.jpg

I'll check back here tomorrow, and see what kind of interest we have. He would like a minimum of 10 people, which I don't think should be hard to come up with.

Also, I'm in no way affiliated with this man, I just REALLY want a nice case, that disables this useless excuse for a keyboard, so I told him I would spread the word.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
A legit carbon fiber case would be awesome but I like having the option of using my slider. A+ for look though

Wagner :motdroidvert:

jodyberry

Reaction score
^
I'm in on the above post.

One question on the photo, though: It looks like it's only half of a clamshell type design. Would there be 2 pieces for the droid, or a single piece that wrapped around the front of the phone somehow?

Thanks...

Clubdownforce

Reaction score
Yeah, the idea of this thread was to find a case that closed off the slideout keyboard. The case would be one piece, although at this point the idea is in its infancy, and hasn't been engineered to the point of us knowing how or what it would look like. It will be ONE piece only, that's for sure, but it would be up to us on how we would want it to enclose the phone.

funken

Reaction score
I'd pay $35 for a carbon fiber case that stays on, protects, and has the right cut outs.

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
You should mention to him top rhythm about a normal 2 pieces case for the droid that's carbon fiber. Heck I'd pray 40 bucks four something like that. On sure they would sell like hot cakes 2!!!

Clubdownforce

Reaction score
Yeah, I already discussed the possibilities of a 2 piece case, and he was absolutely not interested. Sorry guys.

springer01

Reaction score
Forget the two piece case the keyboard is USELESS and very annoying IMO the carbon fiber is slick looking... definitely interested!!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i would also like a case like this. maybe a silicon one or something

CatsTide

Reaction score
I'll check back here tomorrow, and see what kind of interest we have. He would like a minimum of 10 people, which I don't think should be hard to come up with.

Also, I'm in no way affiliated with this man, I just REALLY want a nice case, that disables this useless excuse for a keyboard, so I told him I would spread the word.
i'm in. i just ordered an innocase but i'd love to have one of these too.

Clubdownforce

Reaction score
Ok, for those interested in a one piece case, I believe that we need a running list of people that are ready to commit to this.

If you are legitimately interested, copy/paste into your reply, and add your name. Don't do it just to make the list longer, we really only need 10 people to get it going, and I don't want him to have any leftovers to incur loss due to flakers.

We'll see what kind of interest we can gain here over the weekend, and I will forward the information on to him. Then, we need to figure out how we want it to fit, etc.

1. ClubDownforce

savioAMG

Reaction score
Ok, for those interested in a one piece case, I believe that we need a running list of people that are ready to commit to this.

If you are legitimately interested, copy/paste into your reply, and add your name. Don't do it just to make the list longer, we really only need 10 people to get it going, and I don't want him to have any leftovers to incur loss due to flakers.

We'll see what kind of interest we can gain here over the weekend, and I will forward the information on to him. Then, we need to figure out how we want it to fit, etc.

1. ClubDownforce

If it's $40 or less and fits the Droid very well (no looseness, wiggles, etc) and has the right cutouts for the phone, add me on the list.