Case with No Slide Out Keyboard Feature

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
OK 3 hours left for the pics!!!
LOL. I pre-paid and I'm not even busting his balls for the pictures

I'm glad you and all of the others who have pre-paid are being so understanding. As posted in the other thread we had a few issues with our manufacturer due to the abudant amount of details, and we want to make sure everything meets our standards before we put pictures up. When I get pictures they will be up here ASAP. We are still aiming for the 27th as the deadline but it will be close, perhaps a few days later but again I will always give you guys the details.

Robster

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I am somewhat interested in this as well. The only time I have actually cared to use the keyboard is while playing Quake 2 or my GBA roms. I am definitely looking forward to pics.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Chris's other thread on these cases is more updated. There are pics of the rough/mold mockup on a dummy phone on page 14! Looking good. Gonna be behind schedule, but acceptably since we're seeing progress!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Dude, don't go getting aTWO threads worked up. All we've seen is a mock-up. When I see a finished product missing something that important, then all get worked up. Chris monitors these threads well. If the manufacturer overlooked the power button, it'll be fixed.

Just breathe.

xliderider

Reaction score
Dude, don't go getting aTWO threads worked up. All we've seen is a mock-up. When I see a finished product missing something that important, then all get worked up. Chris monitors these threads well. If the manufacturer overlooked the power button, it'll be fixed.

Just breathe.

The reason why this oversight happened is neither Chris or the manufacturer actually owns a Motorola Droid and relied on using a dummy phone to do the mockups.

Makes me worry how well the finished product will fit on a real phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You saw what a mess that dummy phone was with resin. Would you do that to your Droid? They've promised to replace any case with legitimate fitment issue until it's right. An over-sight on a mock-up mold that can be corrected is no big deal man.

It'd be a dumb business move to not get it right or fix the issue and Chris has explained multiple times that he doesn't intend to have unsatisfied customers.

Again I say, breathe. Just breathe. It's still a prototype. IF you bought one, you have no reason to worry about things like this until you're sent a final product that's missing an important feature, hole, or whatever.

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
Relax is all I can tell you guys. Mark has said in the other thread that issue has been taken care of and the cutout is there now. :)

Your wait will be well worth it as long as you don't fret about it too much.

fjhiii

Reaction score
Relax is all I can tell you guys. Mark has said in the other thread that issue has been taken care of and the cutout is there now. :)

When do you think we will receive the case?

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score

When do you think we will receive the case?

As Mark said in the other thread the first case could be shipped out on friday at the earliest. This is not for sure, but I will always try and keep you updated.

You were the 8th person on the list so it all depends how soon the first case gets sent out

jsutphin1

Reaction score
I'd love to see one of these on a phone - please post pics when you receive the case. Looks like it'll be really cool