case or no case?

jamjr74

Reaction score
Case and screen protector for me!!! I usually use smaller and less protective cases to prevent from scratches mainly and to keeep phone mint for better resale!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Full protection for me. The S5 I'm testing has an Otterbox commuter and a glass screen on it currently. My Maxx has an Incipio case. I previously liked the TPU cases for the color options, but I felt they lacked in protection. I would have a screen protector on my Maxx if a glass one was available

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just case for me. I used to use a screen protector, but scratch resistance has really gone up with newer phones that use newer gorilla glass, plus glass feels SOOO much better and smudges a lot less.

I figure the case is essential to protect the corners of the phone. I'm sure the phone can still break by dropping it, but I would think the impact would be slightly reduced if it didn't hit the ground naked.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just case for me. I used to use a screen protector, but scratch resistance has really gone up with newer phones that use newer gorilla glass, plus glass feels SOOO much better and smudges a lot less.

You might want to try a tempered glass screen protector. It looks and feels just like the natural screen, provides great protection and makes the phone even more durable. I love mine after years of the plastic protectors.

coolicool

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Case and screen protector for me!!! I usually use smaller and less protective cases to prevent from scratches mainly and to keeep phone mint for better resale!

i am almost the same

Sent from my POMP_C6S using Tapatalk

swc2001

Reaction score
Otter Box Deffender with screen protector removed adding a Zagg shield is the BEST protection in my oppinnion. I have literally dropped it off a mountain... having no damage to the phone, and I was kicked by a horse directly to the phone..... No damage to the phone. When I was kicked I was wondering why it didnt hurt..... My phone protected me. LOL Knocked me on my butt for sure though.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
The ONLY negative to using a case IMHO is that you must remove it to put the phone in a dock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KaChow

Reaction score
My G3 is going case-less. Tempered glass screen protector is a must. But, that shiny, plastic metallic body, does not need some cheap case to hide genius design of the metal appearance that will be fun to hold.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk