Case for Droid Razr M

Spey

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose " it would work". But, looks kind of bulky to me.
I really do like the slim trim case with the foldout kickstand that I have, along with the separate belt holster component for when I need that (screen facing in & protected - but has its own issues as referenced in previous thread). It's really about users personal preferences, based on their needs and wants & I don't think anybody can say what's the "best case" for someone else.
Regards,

Sent from my XT907

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I have the Otter Box. Fit is fantastic. AT times it makes it tough to get to the edges of the screen but nothing horrible. Awesome case.

phonespaz

Reaction score
Thanks again Spey....this is my first venture into a smartphone so I really don't know what I prefer. As for my DH, I know that he liked the belt holster thingie he had for the flip phone until he broke it...then he became a pocket guy. So I would imagine he would prefer the holster thing again. Mine will just be getting tucked in an inside pocket or in my purse.

Bigbadwulff (love the name by the way) thanks for the opinion on the Otterbox.

I appreciate the feedback....I'm sure this will be the first of many questions I seek....next I get to tackle rooting the phone ;)

Spey

Reaction score
bigbadwulff,

Re: Otterbox screen edge access.
How about when you need to right-screen-edge scroll say like a contact manager for names where right edge scrolling is used to access 500+contacts? Example - need to get into the R's in a list of 500+ names? Seems to me the rubber part of the Otterbox just covers little to far past the narrow bezel on the "M" ...

Sent from my XT907

Last edited:

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I can see the white of the phone bezel, so it does not cover the screen. I does make that slider a little tough to use though. A minor inconvenience.

treachery84

Reaction score
I kno alot of ppl dont like the bulk of some cases.... however i highly recommend the Ballistic® sg everyday drop protection case...... its an awesome case for the price.... my phone literally bounces like a superball now...... and if ur looking for less bulk but close to the same protection i recommend the Trident® aegis as a slightly slimmer less bulky alternative...... i have both and honestly wont ever buy any other brand case no matter what phone i have

View attachment 66779
.......Trident® Aegis

View attachment 66780
.......Ballistic® sg everyday drop protection

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

treachery84

Reaction score
To add to my previous post the Ballistic® case has somewhat the same problem as the otter box as far as interfering with edge of screen interactions the Trident® has no problem at all with edge of screen interaction interference
The Trident® also has an access door for the sim/sd card slots so u don't have to remove the case to get to them

Last edited:

cydewaze

Reaction score
I totally forgot about this thread, and I've needed a new case for some time!

I started off with this holster/case:
View attachment 66785

I used that until the holster cracked, then I switched to this:
View attachment 66786
Qmadix Metalix Snap-On Cover w/ Holster for Motorola DROID RAZR M QM-HLM907-SO

This case was very poor quality (the case never quite snapped solidly onto the phone, so it was a pain to reach the side buttons, and the design was such that you needed to unholster it to charge it. This case finally bit the dust when I dropped it and the case cracked.

Then I tried one of these:
View attachment 66787
Amazon.com: iSee Case Hybrid Kickstand Belt Clip Holster Case

The quality was even worse. You could get to the charging port without unholstering, but it's a 2-piece case (the white rubber "sleeve" and the black, "skeleton"). The bottom part of the skeleton always caught on the case, making unholstering a pain.

After some searching, I ordered one of these:
View attachment 66788View attachment 66789
Seidio ACTIVE Combo for Motorola DROID RAZR M, Black BD2-HK3MTRZM-BK

Hopefully I have better luck with this one!

Lots of decent cases out there, but not if you want one with a holster.

treachery84

Reaction score
The Ballistic® case has an optional holster that you can buy that allows you to snap the phone in either screen facing you or screen out....... only problem is that as of right now the holster is only available directly from Ballistics web site and I'm not sure how much it is here is the link tho............. http://www.goballisticcase.com/

Last edited:

cydewaze

Reaction score
My Seidio arrived today, and it looks like a REALLY nice piece of kit.

I have a series of pics posted here: Photo Gallery - cydewaze.org

I'll attach the important ones (click to enlarge).

View attachment 66826
View attachment 66827
View attachment 66828
View attachment 66829
View attachment 66830

The things I like best about it are:

• You can access all the ports and controls (charging, headphone, power, volume) while it's in the holster.
  • It can be holstered either screen-in or screen-out
  • It has a lever retention instead of slide in, so if you have a bulky jacket you don't have to be pulling up on the jacket to get the phone in and out.
  • As long as you get the bottom of the phone in the bottom "cups" of the holster, you can just pop it in. No need to lift the lever.
  • The case covers all four sides of the phone without leaving any of them exposed.

The only possible negatives I see so far:
  • I'm a little worried that the lever could catch on something and release the phone by accident.
  • The belt clip is so secure it often takes two hands to remove the phone from it (not a big deal).
  • The lever makes it a wee bit bulky

Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase!