Case colors have bled onto Droid X?

sjohn902

Reaction score
I bought my mom a Droid X a little over a month ago. Today, I stopped at her house and fix an issue she was having with it. I took it out of the case she's had it in (which is purple-ish) and noticed on the back, the case has bled onto the phone! There are a couple streaks on the back, and even an imprint of some text next to the camera.

Has anyone had anything similar happen, and is there a way to get rid of it? I tried using fingernail polish remover, since I know that works to remove paints in some situations, but no luck. I'm almost worried that it will have to be painted over using vinyl dye, and I have no idea how to match the colors.

Has anyone had this happen, and is there a solution for it? I'm only really concerned because I know it's going to harm the resale value of the phone.

rwaustin

Reaction score
I would return it and get a replacement phone. In fact depending on how well she handles the phone you might look at training wheels and look at an iphone. They are simple to use and the learning curve is way less than an X.
Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Return it?? Omg!! Is the color blead causing it to malfunction. My advice keep the case on...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Leung

Reaction score
It probably got really hot or something enough to melt the case. I have a black case for my droid so i'll never know if anything like that happened.