Case cause scratches?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would say you might see some minor scratching around the sides, as small particles will find their way under the case and rub as the phone and case move together. You probably won't be scratching the Kevlar backing, and of course screen scratches while harder are still possible.

OP
E

er111a

Reaction score
I would say you might see some minor scratching around the sides, as small particles will find their way under the case and rub as the phone and case move together. You probably won't be scratching the Kevlar backing, and of course screen scratches while harder are still possible.
So nothing to worry about to much? :)

William_04_x

Reaction score
I've had my Maxx in the shell with a screen protector since I got it in February. I live and work in the desert around some very abrasive materials. I only have a couple of very minor scratches on the top corners. The phone still looks fantastic. I do pop the shell off once a week or so to clean everything off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So nothing to worry about to much? :)

If you really want to go that route I would take it out of the case once a week and clean it out with some compressed air.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I bought the same case when I got my og RAZR in Dec. Haven't noticed any scratches on the outside case. I do take it off now and again and clean the case. I also use the holster. Phone is to big to put in my pocket, but my opinion. I also put a screen protector on it the day I bought it. Its scratched up bad but the screen is still perfect. I have been very happy with the case. I especially like the kickstands feature. I actually use it to hold the phone In landscape for surfing or watching movies.

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that case, but any hard plastic shell case has the potential to "scuff", my poor maxx has some mini scuffs from the defender.....battlewounds me thinks!

Squeak87

Reaction score
I have the same case and I do not have any complaints. I use the clip as well with no screen protector and my screen is still scratch free. Haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on the case durability. I do take it out and clean it once a week though.

Squeak87

Reaction score
::UPDATE::

So now I have dropped my phone twice and even though the Razr Maxx is a pretty durable phone I suspect this case helped protect my phone from damage. Still no scratches on the screen and I use the holster everyday.

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)