Case Better then seidio

ChrisDaniak

Reaction score
Not thread jacking but...

Check the thread of the Case with no slideout keyboard feature. Our case is going to be of great quality and you can view details on that thread (My post starts on page 5 i believe so you don't have to read the first few).

Depending on how our design comes it might make the keyboard unable to slideout ever, or we might make a design to allow a piece to disable the sliding when users like. More details will come if everyone is cooperative :)

Djnaz

Reaction score
I've also had issues with the seidio case.. Ordered off amazon the back of the case fits fine but the front will not stay one. the top seems to go on fine but the bottom will not go on. Seems like the tabs are either to short or my phones to long haha.

jspec

Reaction score
I order the VZW shell/holster combo off Ebay for around $12. I couldn't be happier with it. It fits great and the holster works as it should.

n krantz

Reaction score
I have had two droids and one seidio case. The case fit my first droid like a glove. the top part that covers the bezel no longer fits with the second droid. I called Seidio and they are fixing the problem. Being as the case fit the first droid with no problem and not the second I would say the issue lies with motorola. I took a dremel to the bezel cover and got it to fit fine.

prince_a1

Reaction score

jspec

Reaction score
I order the VZW shell/holster combo off Ebay for around $12. I couldn't be happier with it. It fits great and the holster works as it should.
Are you referring to NEW OEM VERIZON MOTOROLA DROID A855 HOLSTER SHELL COMBO - eBay (item 220545116436 end time Feb-21-10 21:31:53 PST) .Is it a swivel type holster? I prefer horizontal but from the picture this appears to be only vertical, unless it can swivel.

It does swivel! You will not be disappointed at that price :). I almost bought the siedo and I still may but this is great for now.

kmasum

Reaction score
guys I bought a cheap case from ebay and surprised to see it fitted very well...i will post the link once I logging to my pc

clunker

Reaction score
On past phones I found the cheapo ebay cases have an issue with the stud that goes in the belt clip only lasting a few months, after buying many I swore them off. I just ordered a Monaco aluminum case, there is a thread with lots of detailed closeups on here somewhere. Search for the words "Monaco" and "pictures" in the thread title. Not here yet, can't post personal experience for a few days

clunker

Reaction score
Got the Monaco aluminum case. Fits perfectly, keeps the keyboard in place which I like. You can open it to use the keyboard pretty easily. Its not rubbery like the Body Glove case, so I guess its a little less protective but I think it still provides good protection. The stud for the belt clip is very solid, and it clips in very securely. Overall its a really solid case. But, I am not going to keep it because it has two drawback that are big for me but might not be for someone else. First, the clip does not have notches to hold the phone in a horizontal position. Second, the case forms a frame around the screen and its hard for my large fingers to swipe out the notification panel. If you don't want the phone in a horizontal position and have regular size fingers, this is a great case.

andysousa

Reaction score
okey guys this is the item i bought from ebay...this link was given to me by anothe droid user from this site and i really liked it... i been using it for past few days..works perfectly...and the best part is its under $6 !! comes with free car charger too !!!here is the link NEW HARD CASE COVER+CAR CHARGER FOR MOTOROLA DROID A855 - eBay (item 370325207623 end time Jan-27-10 07:06:40 PST)

cool, just ordered one myself... definitely worth trying it for the $5 (which comes with a car charger)

droidzer

Reaction score
Call Seidio's customer service. They will send you a new case that does fit. They will also send you a lable, so you can send your old case back (with free shipping). As long as you send the old case back, they will not bill you.

I did that. actually tried 4 seidio cases on my phone none of which fit.

I think that this is even more proof that there are production differences in the Droids. The fact that over 80% of people's cases fit fine the first time, and you had 4 that didn't fit. Almost a statistical impossibility, unless you're exaggerating.

I don't think there are any cases as small as the seidio. The Body Glove is MASSIVE, and hideous.

I would send yours back to seidio for a full refund (they do this) and wait for them to figure out the situation. Or there might be some new ones coming out that I don't know about. My Seidio fits perfectly and I kind of stopped paying attention to the market.

That's just being silly now, the likily hood of a case maker getting it wrong due to poor quality control of manufacturing plants in China you're saying is less likely to happen?

instead you blame Motorola on that? um... This is their make or break hit, with extensive support from Google, certain requirements have to be met before this beauty could be released, and something such as the body of the phone especially with metal, the chance of it going wrong is actually very small, simply because each moving part (the keyboard sliding rail), the screen glass, the battery lid, etc etc, would not fit and assemble into a phone that you and I now carry if the body is not made to the correct size.

But instead all you people would like to protect the oh yeah, board sponsor of course, for poor manufacturing qc? for making one piece of crap without consistence and based their mold on poor quality prototypes of the droid? um...

yeah, lets blame moto instead, its so much easier.

droidzer

Reaction score
Got the Monaco aluminum case. Fits perfectly, keeps the keyboard in place which I like. You can open it to use the keyboard pretty easily. Its not rubbery like the Body Glove case, so I guess its a little less protective but I think it still provides good protection. The stud for the belt clip is very solid, and it clips in very securely. Overall its a really solid case. But, I am not going to keep it because it has two drawback that are big for me but might not be for someone else. First, the clip does not have notches to hold the phone in a horizontal position. Second, the case forms a frame around the screen and its hard for my large fingers to swipe out the notification panel. If you don't want the phone in a horizontal position and have regular size fingers, this is a great case.

I went for this one instead:
PDair Aluminum Metal Case for Motorola Milestone A855 - Open Screen Design (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

i think these two brands are made awefully similar, so either one will be fine, i chose PDair cos i get a free leather keyring too, nice for my car keys.