Carrying over your Contacts

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
I know a few people who entered their contacts into gmail to prep for their new Android phone. Once you sign into Google from the handset, all of the contact info will immediately transfer to the phone.

If BA allows you to export a .csv file, you could do that, then import into gmail. Viola.. done.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

you are assuming everyone uses GMAIL. I use verizon.net and have no intention of changing my email address after 10 years. BA is just as good in terms of backing up contacts.

You do have to have a gmail account to sign into your phone for set up and the android market so you should go ahead and make one anyway

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
Since you had to use a gmail address on your phone, perhaps the easiest thing is to go log on to that gmail account on a PC. If all your contacts are there, then that means you have been syncing up to the cloud. When you sign on to your new phone with the same account and sync, they should come down form the cloud.

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I know a few people who entered their contacts into gmail to prep for their new Android phone. Once you sign into Google from the handset, all of the contact info will immediately transfer to the phone.

If BA allows you to export a .csv file, you could do that, then import into gmail. Viola.. done.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

you are assuming everyone uses GMAIL. I use verizon.net and have no intention of changing my email address after 10 years. BA is just as good in terms of backing up contacts.

You do have to have a gmail account to sign into your phone for set up and the android market so you should go ahead and make one anyway

I had no idea you had to have a Gmail account, but I guess it makes sense (Android is a GOOGLE product). Thanks for educating me. I have now created my Gmail account and just waiting patiently for my TB to arrive (any minute now). I just hope it's not too difficult to get my contacts from Backup Assistant to my Gmail account...then I have all of contacts on my computer (using Thunderbird) that I also need to get over to my Gmail account...fun

F

FlyFishinX2

I used Verizons backup assistant and it was very easy to do , just follow the instructions in the owners manual.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Im guessing backup assistant is something you have to download to your phone?? I just have a stock env touch with no data plan, so i cant take advantageof BA can i?

Go into "Get It Now" and I do not remember where in Get It Now but it is an option to download through your GIN. Then tell it to back up. Once you have your TB you will log into your GIN and your contacts should "restore" to the TB.

OP
C

CrappyPhone

Reaction score
i just used backup assistant on my phone.. went pretty smoothly.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yeah it is really easy. My daughter had an enVy Touch and before that a basic enVy so that is how I knew where to find it. But it was invaluable when she got her Droid Incredible in pulling her contacts over.

Just remember your login information cuz you will need that to access your contacts once you get your TB.

mark3748

Reaction score
When I gave my wife the D1, I used bluetooth to transfer the contacts over from her enV touch. Once they were synced with her Google account she went in a cleaned them up so her facebook contacts would sync up right with them.

Pretty quick and easy.

bobdig986

Reaction score
Transfer from Blackberry to Thunderbolt

I recently went to the Verizon store to get a Thunderbolt but canceled when the salesman told me he could not transfer my contacts from my Blackberry. I have over 2500 contacts that are critical to my survival and need to to have them on my phone. Is there any way to do this? I still would very much like to have the Thunderbolt. All help is appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently went to the Verizon store to get a Thunderbolt but canceled when the salesman told me he could not transfer my contacts from my Blackberry. I have over 2500 contacts that are critical to my survival and need to to have them on my phone. Is there any way to do this? I still would very much like to have the Thunderbolt. All help is appreciated.

Thhat rep doesn't know what they are talking about.

First you create a gmail/google account.

Then you download google synch on your blackberry. Then you sync your contacts and calendar. Then you wil log your tbolt into google. It's that simple.

Last edited: