Carrier IQ Service - Privicy Violations

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
I'm sure many have hear about Carrier IQ running on Android devices. If not you can check information here [video=youtube;T17XQI_AYNo]http://youtu.be/T17XQI_AYNo[/video].

I scrolled through the apps on the phone to check if I can find a services that may be running Carrier IQ or even under a diffrent name, Since for example on the HTC it was called HTC IQAgent. On my Liberty ROM 2.0 I found a Services called Motorola Services. This may or not be the same thing. But you for sure can not Force Stop this app and it has quite the list of permissions that I'm sure we have not given permissions too. I'm not sure if it save to remove this app or what other apps are connected to it. Does anybody know any information on this and if this affects are phones? If so does anybody know how to disable it without breaking other services of the phone.

OP
Y

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
I guess all is good. I guess Verizon has said that they do on run this service on there phone. So I guess it is just Sprint, AT&T, and iphone have it backed in (but can be disabled)

OP
Y

yahyaisrael

Reaction score