Carrie Fisher Finished Work On Star Wars VIII

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Carrie-Fisher-2.png

It's not really related to what we normally cover here, but it is hard to ignore the news altogether. By now you have probably heard that Carrie Fisher passed yesterday at the age of 60. This was a pretty depressing day for many Star Wars fans. Earlier in the week we had heard that she had a major heart attack. News shortly followed that she was in stable condition. Finally yesterday the shocking news broke that she had passed. If you could find a silver lining in the situation it would be that Carrie had finished all work on the upcoming Star Wars VIII film. This leaves us all wondering will the character be recast in the Final installment or will we get another cheesy CGI rendition. Either way we will all miss Carrie Fisher and her quirky personality.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If they have to do a a CGI of her for Episode 9. I think they would do a great job.

After seeing Rogue One. With the work they did with Grand Moff Tarkin.

21a6a88132ab36857ecf047335b2d0a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was just a very jarring effect. I would have preferred they recast the character personally. I agree they did as good of a job with the CGI as they could have. It was just very obvious and really distracted from the story.