Card Transfer?

RightGirl

Reaction score
I promise not to be a pest (really) :)

1) A few weeks after getting my Droid, it ate the concrete [no lanyard holes in it like I had with my Rogue :dry: ] so I got another one. I had HOPED to transfer my memory card from the old one to the new one and not have to reset all of my settings AND more importantly, maintain my photos. What else is the card for if not that?
To no avail. The photos were not there. now I have to take pics of all of my friends again to use for contact photos.
Can someone tell me what the card is for if not settings and/or photos?

2) with My Rogue it defaulted to 30 seconds of video and always uploaded to messages or Facebook. In the Incredible, I set the video settings to their lowest clarity and it still wont upload them. Only once has one uploaded and that was a really quick 5 second video. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

3) is there a way to set the photos to be viewed with the most current ones first, instead of last? I had 135 photos in my previous Incredible (the one that ate the concrete) and always had to scroll all the way to the end to see or send current pics. Pain in the tookus. Would LOVE to reverse that setting.

4) Is there any way to do a mass delete with email? I get a LOT of email (some of it is spam and goes into a spam folder in my outlook on my PC but comes into the inbox on my Droid). I'd like to scroll thru, read some and delete several or all at a time without having to check each email. Is that possible?

Should I post these questions separately?
No more questions (I'd love to...) promise :-D

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I promise not to be a pest (really) :)

1) A few weeks after getting my Droid, it ate the concrete [no lanyard holes in it like I had with my Rogue :dry: ] so I got another one. I had HOPED to transfer my memory card from the old one to the new one and not have to reset all of my settings AND more importantly, maintain my photos. What else is the card for if not that?
To no avail. The photos were not there. now I have to take pics of all of my friends again to use for contact photos.
Can someone tell me what the card is for if not settings and/or photos?

2) with My Rogue it defaulted to 30 seconds of video and always uploaded to messages or Facebook. In the Incredible, I set the video settings to their lowest clarity and it still wont upload them. Only once has one uploaded and that was a really quick 5 second video. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

3) is there a way to set the photos to be viewed with the most current ones first, instead of last? I had 135 photos in my previous Incredible (the one that ate the concrete) and always had to scroll all the way to the end to see or send current pics. Pain in the tookus. Would LOVE to reverse that setting.

4) Is there any way to do a mass delete with email? I get a LOT of email (some of it is spam and goes into a spam folder in my outlook on my PC but comes into the inbox on my Droid). I'd like to scroll thru, read some and delete several or all at a time without having to check each email. Is that possible?

Should I post these questions separately?
No more questions (I'd love to...) promise :-D

WOW...you got questions LOL

On the SD Card, it may be set up differently on the Rogue than the Droid... the pics would be in a particular folder either way, but I'm pretty sure the format and setup is different between the Rogue and the Droid. You might take the card and the phone to Verizon, and see if they can get the pics off the card and onto the new phone.

As for the video issue, I'm not real certain, but you might try a photo and video uploading app, I use one called "Pixel Pipe", it will upload pics and video to Facebook and Twitter and other "sharing" sites as well, like Flickr and PhotoBucket, etc.

I do not know of a way to set the order of pics, that doesn't mean there's NOT one, I just don't know of one.

As for mass email delete, in the email app there should be little check mark boxes to the left of the email in your inbox. That's the way it is in my Droid 2. You tap to check the box, a check mark will appear, check the ones you want to delete, then tap the menu button and it should give you a "delete" option. That will send them to your trash can. In your trash can you can tap the menu button, there should be a "select all" option, and tap delete. (You can also do the "select all" option in your inbox unless you are only deleting certain emails)

Hope this helps :)

OP
RightGirl

RightGirl

Reaction score
I see your post pic and wonder how you got 7 slides on your desktop (or whatever it's called on a Droid)
I can only go 2 to each side of the home page
would LOVE more

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Droid 2 versus incredible. Also, you can download launcher replacements to get a more vanilla-Android feel to your device. Recommended are ADW and Launcher Pro.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can use a replacement launcher like launcher pro to get up to 7 screens. In fact there's a new launcher out called go launcher that supports up to 30

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I see your post pic and wonder how you got 7 slides on your desktop (or whatever it's called on a Droid)
I can only go 2 to each side of the home page
would LOVE more

Oh boy, you think you got questions now? LMAO

I use a "home replacement" launcher called "ADW Launcher"... it's much different from the stock one in the phone. It allows you to have up to 7 screens, and it even allows you to have more icons on the screen (5 across and 5 down I think)

It takes quite a bit of setup time to customize it, but here's a whole thread about it if you wanna take a look. I spent alot of time in this thread LOL

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/94399-home-replacement-apps-adw-launcher.html