1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Car USB won't play rooted droid?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Anathema, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Anathema

Anathema New Member

My car sterio dock doesn't seem to want to play music off of a rooted droid and I can't seem to figure out why. When I plug my droid (rooted) into my car sterio deck with a USB it says that it isn't supported (it says this on the deck) however if I use an unrooted droid it works, reads, and plays just fine. I've tried using CM6, U.D.7, U.D.8, SS4.8, Shadow Rom 2.1, and Project Elite. It doesn't seem to be a rom issue.

Does anybody know how to fix this or what's not allowing it to play while rooted?
  2. abraham3660

abraham3660 New Member

I dont know why it would work with unroot, but not root, but in my car (2009 Lincoln Navigator) I have to use an aux cable to play music with my rooted droid.
Search tags for this page

can i use s4 usb cable to play music on my deck /