Car Talk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not a fan of 2015, give me about 10 years like the last one.

Mud slinging? Meh that's just boys talking about cars.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I wasn't a 14 and it's style fan, didn't hate it, like the Pintang, if you remember that, but wasn't loving it. I'd still not by thus one either now, maybe when the mid life crisis hits;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm in my mid-mid-mid life crisis.

Mustang to fusion to mustang to truck and then another truck with a mustang.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I am on my truck kick...I want a Dodge really really bad....

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Good morning all, I'm a Ford guy, I'd not do a Dodge, love their Cummings diesel, but not the look nor the other past issues. Yes they've fixed a lot, but you know how it goes.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm 100% Ford. The dodge that was in the family was always broken and had around 8mpg. No thanks. I'll take my 150 and get 17 all around mpg.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
My 01 - 7.3 gets 17ish on the Hwy, 10 pulling, not bad for a 10000lb vehicle with about 450hp at the wheels and 6-700ft.lbs... It's a hoot to blackout the people behind, but it's Kalifornia, so reporters like to call the cops on you...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My 14 f1fiddy gets near 21mpg highway but she's 5500ish pounds. She'll get up and move though.

Rollin coal!!!!

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now now, if we're getting hung up on the past, I've owned Ford and Chevys that were POS's and had as many problems as I was hearing about Dodges. I own a 2012 Ram now and haven't had one issue with it since I bought it new. I'm not easy on vehicles either. Not to say I'm not responsible with it either, I care for it just as you should, but I enjoy my vehicles.

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Dodge has come a long way, that's for sure, and I'd be willing to bet that I'd not have issues with a current truck or car for that matter. Lee Iacocca made huge strides with Chrysler / Dodge (he was a Ford guy) and since then the industry has had to come up to par with what Japan and Europe was turning out, it's probably on par now, but what we grow up with, that's been good to us, we typically stick with.
Heck my parents had a couple vw's way back, I don't recall a lot about them but had friends that had issues with them, and I figured I'd never have one as an adult... Have 2 now, diesels, are great, but we change.
Ps(don't tell anyone but I sort of like the Hellcat... ...)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hellcat is a 4500lb sled that needs all that 700hp to get it to move. I'll take my 3700lb car and slap a 2.8KB on and walk that car all over the park.

Richard Rawlings was driving one at Woodward Dream cruise last year. They popped the hood and it was just a challenger with a very unattractive piece of metal sitting on top.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand why Dodge continues to make the Challenger/Charger so heavy. I'm not a Mustang fan (and I mean no disrespect by this), they're everywhere and seem pretty easy to make fast. I'm more of a guy who enjoys a 6000+ truck out running muscle cars. I also realize the kind of money it takes to get to that point and how impractical it is. But that's what impresses me I guess.

on the move..

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Hellcat is a 4500lb sled that needs all that 700hp to get it to move. I'll take my 3700lb car and slap a 2.8KB on and walk that car all over the park.
Hey now, I'm not buying either, but for me to say I like a Dodge, is like me saying I like Ob...... But maybe that's pushing it
I'd take the Dodge way before saying that.
If I had $50k with a car earmark, I'd get a used Porsche, of all I've driven over the last 30yrs, it's still my favorite, I'd be in Jail the next day for reckless driving, but we're just talking now

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't understand why Dodge continues to make the Challenger/Charger so heavy. I'm not a Mustang fan (and I mean no disrespect by this), they're everywhere and seem pretty easy to make fast. I'm more of a guy who enjoys a 6000+ truck out running muscle cars. I also realize the kind of money it takes to get to that point and how impractical it is. But that's what impresses me I guess.

on the move..
No idea but they seem to be getting heavier. They need to lay off the twinkies. Mustangs are everywhere. You throw a rock in the air and you'll hit one. It's annoying and cool at the same time. Not hard to make them fast. I play in both playgrounds, cars and trucks. I wish I grew up in the 60's. Those were the true muscle cars to me.

Hey now, I'm not buying either, but for me to say I like a Dodge, is like me saying I like Ob...... But maybe that's pushing it
I'd take the Dodge way before saying that.
If I had $50k with a car earmark, I'd get a used Porsche, of all I've driven over the last 30yrs, it's still my favorite, I'd be in Jail the next day for reckless driving, but we're just talking now
911, boxter, caymen??? I could see myself retiring in a Porche.

One thing I love about being single. I can just blow money and nobody complains.