Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree. While it is technically "cosmetic", nice wheels can make or break a vehicle and are the single biggest change you can make to improve both the appearance (and the ride) of your vehicle. I've purchased new wheels for almost every car I've owned over the years and it makes a world of difference imo.
Good luck with your decision Ollie!

oh yeah....just an FYI: TireRack.com has an option on their website where you can put in the make/model of your vehicle and they will show you exactly what your car looks like with the new wheels you're looking to purchase. There are some other sites that do this as well, but it's a great feature to use when choosing new rims to compare the various styles.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Nooooooooo.. Rims are so much more than cosmetic.. Or can be.. For looks.. Just get a one piece cast wheel.. Chromed or polished... For function.. You want billet aluminum, 3 piece wheels that can actually be taken apart.. :)

I have brushed aluminum right now. I am looking for polished that will match the chrome on the exterior.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nice site! Just what I was looking for.

Reactions: cr6

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
What kind of car does everyone have? And what mods? I have a 2009 focus sport 5 speed. Not many mods. Custom cold air intake, performance exhaust, tsw 16 inch rims with low profile wide trac tires. My focus is the one that came with all of the OEM interior lighting.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had to sell all of my toys to keep my self a float after my parents both had strokes... And had to move in with us.. But.. They're alive.. That's what matters..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For Fun, 2001 F-350LB 7.3 Diesel crew cab 4X. CA intake, 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, SuperChip Programmer and Banks 6gun + more.
For EDD, 2013 VW Passat TDI, only 35k so it's stock, was following the wheel / tire remarks above as I'm looking to get new shoes and maybe upgrade the wheels too...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ahh.. The new shoes comment... I need to also point out that wheels can make or break your brake package... Like if you chose to go with a multi piston brembo setup.. You'd want wheels with enough backspacing.. To clear the calipers.. That's why.... If you're considering wheels.. Know what else you intend to do.. Do they need to clear brakes, increase/decrease unsprung weight for a lowering kit and custom valved shocks?? Lots of variables..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have a Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited. Came straight from the factory since I refused to settle on one of the cars on the lot that all had tan interiors.
That's a funny one, I had to search for mine since VW is in love with Black Leather on their stock, but I found my tan with Candy white, heck had to match the big white Ford Truck ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ahh.. The new shoes comment... I need to also point out that wheels can make or break your brake package... Like if you chose to go with a multi piston brembo setup.. You'd want wheels with enough backspacing.. To clear the calipers.. That's why.... If you're considering wheels.. Know what else you intend to do.. Do they need to clear brakes, increase/decrease unsprung weight for a lowering kit and custom valved shocks?? Lots of variables..
Lower weight certainly helps, I'll probably go with the stock 18's from the 14/15 MY, I like the look and with the low profile's it looks slick. The brakes on the car are awesome, but I may go with Wilwood on the truck as they have good 4 and 6 piston setups that I like. That Beast at 10k needs to stop ;)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's a funny one, I had to search for mine since VW is in love with Black Leather on their stock, but I found my tan with Candy white, heck had to match the big white Ford Truck ;)

My last car had a tan interior. It was fine for me, but passengers (read:family members) could not appreciate the time it takes to keep those lighter colored interiors looking clean.

The black on black interior has solved that!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

I don't think that I can touch my brake package. It is part of a regenerative brake system so I wouldn't even know where to start. That's in the future though. I just hit 3,000 miles so it will be a while yet.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My last car had a tan interior. It was fine for me, but passengers (read:family members) could not appreciate the time it takes to keep those lighter colored interiors looking clean.

The black on black interior has solved that!
SoCal, so black on black looks great, but not good for the warm days, it's 75 today, so BonB would be hot already in the sun.
It's also just me and the wife, kids are on their own now, so care is easier, but granted, lighter is in need of a little more scrubbing from time to time. Her DD is another Passat TDI, Platinum Gray with light Gray leather, it's very nice.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Recently sold this (330i)
YYSleQD.jpg
for a 3.5L Altima
7mELaSg.jpg
Want to put a cold air intake, headers and cat back exhaust hopefully this summer.
The wife liked mine so much she got her own in dark gray two weeks later.
MMgsFUl.jpg

S5 tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Recently sold this (330i)
YYSleQD.jpg
for a 3.5L Altima
7mELaSg.jpg
Want to put a cold air intake, headers and cat back exhaust hopefully this summer.
The wife liked mine so much she got her own in dark gray two weeks later.
MMgsFUl.jpg

S5 tap'n
Ur so cute, matching cars... ;)

b5166e887eda80a0906801bbaf1106ac.jpg

Reactions: cr6