Car Stereo Bluetooth?

Shill

Reaction score
Curious as to what people can do on their car stereo bluetooth with their phones. Doesn't matter the make/model of your phone and/or your stereo. post in so people can understand the compatabilities.

I have a Kenwood KIV-BT900. Works wonderfully with my blackberry, I have been told androids are able to send/receive text messages with from the stereo head unit. I haven't received my Fascinate yet, so I can't do any testing. Anyone else with this head unit to tell of?

What head units and phone combos do you guys have?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just calls with the 2008 Nissan Rogue. Can't even transfer contacts.

rgn2000

Reaction score
You will get different results with not only the radio but also the phone. With some radios they may offer texting while others will not. Some offer uploading of your contacts and even if they do, your phone may or may not work. It is all a crapshoot. When I got my Droid1, I immediately synched it with my Mazda CX9 and the only thing that did not work was the stereo audio which I use a lot. Thankfully a month later verizon sent out a software update and it was back. You should also be able to play and pause your music with the AVRCP settings that bluetooth offers. Some radios even have the skip forward or back feature, but again it all depends on the phone as well for any or all of the features to work.