car radio

Greg b

Reaction score
Do they make something for the Droid to make it capable of playing music through your car radio like the iPod and iphone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you have an Aux on your stereo?
You can use a 3.5mm (I believe) and have the sound play from your speakers....

Last edited:

rook

Reaction score
Using the aux jack is all I can think of. Although, with my head unit (which is only for use with the iPod, no CD's) has a USB cable going to the back of it, so I can also use a thumbdrive for music. So I would suspect that plugging the Droid into that can work as well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Using the aux jack is all I can think of. Although, with my head unit (which is only for use with the iPod, no CD's) has a USB cable going to the back of it, so I can also use a thumbdrive for music. So I would suspect that plugging the Droid into that can work as well.

Some have reported issues with the radio triggering the Mount dialog.....

rook

Reaction score

Some have reported issues with the radio triggering the Mount dialog.....

Through the USB?

skidemn

Reaction score
Do they make something for the Droid to make it capable of playing music through your car radio like the iPod and iphone

If you have a factory radio you can PM me your make/model/year and I'll see what auxiliary input adapters are available for it.

SirSyeco

Reaction score

Aaron636r

Reaction score
If the radio is Bluetooth equipped...you can stream it to it that way. Its how i do it. Works/Sounds great

jfourman

Reaction score

I use the Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car FM Transmitter. It has an external microphone that I ran under the console and windshield pillar liner to attach to my visor. I now have a BT handsfree phone with the ability to play stereo music, podcasts, tv.com, etc. from my Droid. Calls automatically interupt the music. My Droid auto connects to the Soundfly when I get into the car. The Soundfly also has its own SD Card slot and a tiny IR remote control. A little pricey but it works great.

Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Stick, iPhone 3Gs & 3G, iPod, Zune | Satechi

Features
  • Simple plug & play - Bluetooth Ver. 2.0: Hands-free, A2DP - Reads MP3 & WMA files
  • Transmits on all FM frequencies (88.1MHz-107.9MHz) - Memorizes up to 7 FM frequencies
  • RDS (Radio Data System): Caller ID and song information on your compatible radio display.
  • Standard USB port, SD slot, external microphone & 2.5mm stereo output & input 3.5mm cable included
  • Remote features: Answer/End calls, Volume Up & Down, Folder Shift, Fast Forward & Rewind, Repeat,

R1Lover

Reaction score
Mine play through the bluetooth as above... it's pretty slick!

No cables no nothing... :)

jeebuss1

Reaction score
Droid would not play through aux when I tried it with 3.5 from droid headphone to head unit 3.5 aux. Don't know why..... Ipod plays fine.