Car Mount

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
That will NOT fit the D2, that's a D1 mount and they are not compatible.

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
terrible news, ive heard the D2 car mount is compatible with the D1.. thought it could work both ways

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope...

The good news is that the D2 car mount is great...I've paired it w/the Arkon vent mount and it's just perfect for me.

born2golf

Reaction score
Nope...

The good news is that the D2 car mount is great...I've paired it w/the Arkon vent mount and it's just perfect for me.

I'm using the arkon cup holder mount and it works great too. Just needed a little magnetic tape to get the phone to jump into car dock mode.

born2golf

Reaction score
links guys?

Cup Holder mount can be found here (this was the best price I found): https://www.geekbro.com/index.cfm/p/v/832334

comments:
1. It doesn't put the phone into car dock mode by itself. I had to add magnetic tape at the right spot on the holder. ($1.97 at lowes)
2. It works fine in the console cupholders but even better with dashboard cupholders.
3. The goose neck is not a real gooseneck. It is actually a fairly rigid bar with a plastic enclosure that looks like an adjustable gooseneck. It is plyable but not nearly what you would expect from a true gooseneck fitting.

Please note, I am not negative on this mount. I am just trying to be informative. I don't like things on my windshield and this keeps the device in close proximity for usage and visibility, without and drilling into the console or dash.

Lord High Warlock

Reaction score
1. It doesn't put the phone into car dock mode by itself. I had to add magnetic tape at the right spot on the holder. ($1.97 at lowes)

Can you be more specific? Where did you put the tape?

I ask because I noticed that my D2 stopped the auto-car dock mode, and would like to see if this resolves it.

Thanks!

born2golf

Reaction score
The magnetic trigger is just above the motorola symbol on the back when holding the phone upright in portrait mode. I suggest using a magnet to find the right spot and then transfer that position to the dock mount. Be sure to get it right or else you might trigger the multimedia dock mode instead when seating the D2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
links guys?

Cup Holder mount can be found here (this was the best price I found): https://www.geekbro.com/index.cfm/p/v/832334

comments:
2. It works fine in the console cupholders but even better with dashboard cupholders.
3. The goose neck is not a real gooseneck. It is actually a fairly rigid bar with a plastic enclosure that looks like an adjustable gooseneck. It is plyable but not nearly what you would expect from a true gooseneck fitting.

Please note, I am not negative on this mount. I am just trying to be informative. I don't like things on my windshield and this keeps the device in close proximity for usage and visibility, without and drilling into the console or dash.
man shipping is killer on that, almost more then the product itself

rjholmes99

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've tried using the D1 Car mount with my D2 and it doesn't work. I started using the Breffo spiderpodium though and It works for holding both my D2 and my brother's iphone. Since it can bend into any shape it will pretty much hold anything. I think it cost about $20.
This is what it looks like with my brother's iphone
galcr2.JPG

Breffo - Consumer Electronics Accessories

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I have this....
images

this isn't MY picture, just one I found online. But it has an option that you can make it a dash mount like shown here, or a vent mount, which I use. It pivots so you can use it with landscape view if you want, and the charging port is accessible while my D2 is in the cradle. It's a pinch to open, and spring tensions hold your device in place.

Here is just the empty view of it
AAAACylpR6QAAAAAAJboYw.jpg

I have one like this too
Obtain-a-Suitable-Holder-for-your-camera-phone.jpg

but it doesn't rotate.and the arms are adjustable to any sized device and holds firm.

both were 9.99 each @ pepboys