Car Mount

cplum

Reaction score
I just received a car mount via FedEx. I ordered this on 11/6 from the Verizon Store when I got my Droid. They were out at 10 AM when I got there. I had read the below statement in more than one place that it came with a rapid car charger. Also my salesman said the charger came with the dock. I did not get the rapid car charger. Has anybody else bought the mount and not received the rapid car charger? Do I have a complaint with Verizon other than them having uninformed sales people?

Phone Holder for DROID by Motorola: (post from Phandroid 10/29/09)
Phone Holder for DROID by Motorola attaches to your windshield or dash and lets you position your handset for easy access and viewing. Great when using yuor phone’s navigation and map applications. Quick attach and release. Includes a Rapid Car Charger.

kevind

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have read that people have not been getting their Rapid Car Charger and having to order their own.

tommy

Reaction score
I didn't get a rapid charger with my vehicle mount. I had no idea one way or the other regarding it including one. This is the first I've heard of it.

FWIW, on Verizon's site it makes no mention of it including a charger:

Accessory Details

OP
C

cplum

Reaction score
I am sure it is wrong on Moto's site, but they should fix it. I guess it would be to good to be true to get the mount and charger from the manufacturer for 29.99.

Guindalf

Reaction score
The mount on the Moto page also states "Available soon", so it's not the same as the VZW offering.

I too did not get a charger with my car mount, but a 73 cent part from amazon will make my old Garmin power supply work with it :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Charger wasn't included with my car dock and the Verizon rep that I ordered it from last week said that it would not be included. I ran over to Best Buy and got a RocketFish car charger for Motorola phones and it works fine. I think it was $20.

OP
C

cplum

Reaction score
Thanks. By the way did not mean so negative in previous post. i love my droid. It rocks.

mact

Reaction score
I think ebay is the only place to get reasonable prices on such items. I have two car mounts coming with total $ less than $18. Slightly different design than the "official" one, though I saw those for about $14.

we bought our 2 droids at the cell phone kiosk in Costco. gotta case/car/home charger pack with each for free. same price as at Verizon store...except that Costco charged CA sales tax on $1250 for each phone and Verizon charges it on about $500 each phone, so that saved us over $40 right there.

Last edited:

Guindalf

Reaction score
I think ebay is the only place to get reasonable prices on such items. I have two car mounts coming with total $ less than $18. Slightly different design than the "official" one, though I saw those for about $14.

we bought our 2 droids at the cell phone kiosk in Costco. gotta case/car/home charger pack with each for free. same price as at Verizon store...except that Costco charged CA sales tax on $1250 for each phone and Verizon charges it on about $500 each phone, so that saved us over $40 right there.

The 'official' mount has a magnet that switches the phone to car mode. I'll bet dollars to donuts that the third party mounts don't have this.

dawoomi

Reaction score
I ordered the car mount yesterday. Thanks. I couldn't find the place who sells the car mount on-line. I did not try the verizon site. :)

pilot25

Reaction score
anyone know if there is going to be a mount that fits the Garmin ball dash mount?

PetrolHead

Reaction score
No car charger with a $30 CAR mount? WTF?

Those are my thoughts as well. I'm going to wait to see what the Motorola site updates with. I'm getting impatient though because I'm sick of looking down at the cup holder (where my Droid sits) while navigating.

airegin

Reaction score
FWIW, the phone WILL NOT fit in the MOTO car mount from VZW with the snap-on case also from VZW. Same for the desk dock...No fit.