Car mount

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Installed my car mount today and when I put the phone in out didn't do anything different, thought it was supposed to have a different screen for ready navigation, music, speaker phone. Am I missing something?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mandragora

Reaction score
For the phone to enter car mode it must have the usb connection established. Does your phone have a case? if so, the connector may not be going in far enough.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Tried it with and without the case only thing that pops up is the power off options like when you long press the power button

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Power Button

Tried it with and without the case only thing that pops up is the power off options like when you long press the power button

There is a power button on the Car Dock, which just pushes thru to your phones power button, this is pushing on it and trying to turn off the phone instead of load the Car Dock App. I've used mine with and without the Shell/Combo Case and it worked fine either way. I did notice the first time I put it in, it did take awhile before the app loaded, after that it was much quicker. Good Luck

lgalcarte

Reaction score
You have to have the car charger plugged into the car dock. Its pretty cool. You can add your own apps on the third screen.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
Look at the back of the dock from the right side. On the side of the recessed part you will see the micro USB connector.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Tried putting the car charger in and it didnt charge and it didnt work (didnt charge the phone or make the car dock pop up) still just getting the power option, left the phone on there and it just went to sleep and then couldnt get it back on because obviously the power button is covered up. Maybe I got a defective one?

crowax

Reaction score
The power button should not be covered up. There is a power button on the outside. I wonder if yours is stuck down which makes it always press your power button in. Check that out on the side.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Finally decided to go to verizon, the cradle wasn't working right... Thanks for everyone trying to help, much appreciated! Oh, and you don't need the battery charger for it to work fyi

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I have to put mine in the car dock twice before it realizes it's in the car dock and pulls up the car dock home screen. If I just let it sit there, it eventually goes to sleep.

That's kinda lame.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Now that I've got it working...it's awesome, love love love it! Also regarding the battery charger again, on the way to verizon pushed down on the phone into the charger a little and the car app finally popped up. I didn't have the car charger plugged into the back of the cradle or the cig lighter. On the way back I had the car charger plugged into the cradle and the car app wouldn't pop up until I plugged it into the cig lighter. So not sure if it's necessary or not, had a hard time plugging it in, so don't want to unplug it again to find out if it's needed lol

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
Now that I've got it working...it's awesome, love love love it! Also regarding the battery charger again, on the way to verizon pushed down on the phone into the charger a little and the car app finally popped up. I didn't have the car charger plugged into the back of the cradle or the cig lighter. On the way back I had the car charger plugged into the cradle and the car app wouldn't pop up until I plugged it into the cig lighter. So not sure if it's necessary or not, had a hard time plugging it in, so don't want to unplug it again to find out if it's needed lol

While it may just be a side effect of the dock detection scheme, it appears normal that the dock is not detected if the charger is plugged into the dock but not actually powered.